Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Beal is 22. This is one of those ones we'll just revisit in a few years and move on for the time being. I would pay him if I was Washington and feel good about it.

To move on from this subject, Pick 1:

Biymombo

Ezeli

Mahinmi

Whiteside

Whiteside is by far the better player. Biyombo would be my number 2, Mahinmi a distant third. Ezeli is mediocre and I'd rather give Dedmon a chance.

Beal is 22. This is one of those ones we'll just revisit in a few years and move on for the time being. I would pay him if I was Washington and feel good about it.

Biymombo

Ezeli

Mahinmi

Whiteside

Assuming an actual choice, Whiteside. Most likely, mahinmi.

You can argue the effectiveness of biyombo vs ezili vs mahinmi but I feel like the first two are going to suffer from name recognition salary inflation.

Pick 1:

Biymombo

Ezeli

Mahinmi

Whiteside

I love Ezeli, but he'll probably be overpaid. Biyombo will also likely be overpaid. I think Mahinmi is the lesser player, but he's our most likely pickup - and he's still a good player, just not as good as Ezili in my mind.

Plan A:

KD & Horford

Plan B:

Batum & Horford

Plan C:

Horford & Noah

Plan D:

Noah & Deng

Plan E:

Mahinmi & Dudley

Plan A:

KD & Horford

Plan B:

Batum & Horford

Plan C:

Horford & Noah

Plan D:

Noah & Deng

Plan E:

Mahinmi & Dudley

D and e please no. We need a go to scorer and kd is the only option of those. I hope rob surprises us all.

D and e please no. We need a go to scorer and kd is the only option of those. I hope rob surprises us all.

Well, Rob and Vogel have both said we need toughness and vet players to not only compliment the core but also lead them,on and off the court. Plan D certainly fits that bill. Plan E is worst case scenario; which, still isn't horrible.

Plan A:

KD & Horford

Plan B:

Batum & Horford

Plan C:

Horford & Noah

Plan D:

Noah & Deng

Plan E:

Mahinmi & Dudley

Love A and B. I also think Deng and Horford would make a huge difference

Well, Rob and Vogel have both said we need toughness and vet players to not only compliment the core but also lead them,on and off the court. Plan D certainly fits that bill. Plan E is worst case scenario; which, still isn't horrible.

Where has Dudley ever been considered tough? Unless you're talking bout Chris Dudley. Lol

Plan A:

KD & Horford

Plan B:

Batum & Horford

Plan C:

Horford & Noah

Plan D:

Noah & Deng

Plan E:

Mahinmi & Dudley

No to all but A & B. If E is what we came out with I'd probably watch 10 games next year. Noah & Deng does nothing for me, people say Rob doesn't touch injury prone players, but yet that's 2 guys that have been nothing but injured.

My top 12 Free Agents in order:

Durant

Whiteside

Conley

Derozan

Beal

Batum

Barnes

Horford

Parsons

Ezeli

Byiombo

Anderson

Of those, maybe 6 are realistic targets. Derozan & Beal stay put. Durant is a pipe dream. Conley will find greener pastures. Anderson isn't a good fit. Parsons has chronic knee issues. I have no interest in Noah/Deng/Howard. I'm not completely against Noah as a reserve but he will still demand a descent contract.

That leaves:

Whiteside

Batum

Barnes

Horford

Ezeli

Biyombo

I'd be happy with any combination of 1 of the 4 centers & 1 of the 3 SF's. Whiteside & Batum I'd probably get my season tickets back. Even Horford & Batum I'd get my season tickets back. I'm higher on Barnes then most on here so him with Horford would have me amped too.

• Upvote 1

Biymombo

Ezeli

Mahinmi

Whiteside

Whiteside. Despite his weaknesses, he was the most consistent including in the playoffs. Vogel could teach him some things to shore up some of the weaknesses.

Biyombo numero dos. He's always been someone who I thought could be what we saw in the playoffs. I don't think it's a fluke. Plus I like to give him the nickname "b$&@smack".

Whiteside. Despite his weaknesses, he was the most consistent including in the playoffs. Vogel could teach him some things to shore up some of the weaknesses.

Biyombo numero dos. He's always been someone who I thought could be why we saw in the playoffs. I don't think he's a fluke. Plus I like to give him the nickname "b$&@smack".

I don't want to be the team that gives biyombo 60+ million

I don't want to be the team that gives biyombo 60+ million

I really wouldn't mind. Biyombo could be a really good fit with us. Super tough, elite rebounder, great athlete, runs the floor well, elite defender and still just 23 (which is crazy, seems like he's been in the league forever). He's never giving you much on offense ever though.

I would rather have Horford & Batum then Biyombo & Batum obviously though.