Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

On one of Zach Lowe's podcast a few months ago, he said Horford was surprisingly on small list of FAs Durant would want to team up with.

I don't get the fascination with Blatt. How many coaching jobs were there? And they ALL passed on him? Sounds like they knew something that people don't.

There's a myriad of good offensive assistants out there. Don't need to worry about getting another head coach.

Let's see if that's true. If it is, wonder what Henny does to match.

Bring Durant and Horford to us with this same roster and we are going to the NBA finals next season instantly.

One can dream

KD quotes and facts to get us hype. Thanks to RealGM...

``Rob was one of the main guys that we had around that kind of helped change this whole culture here in Oklahoma City,’’ Durant said. ``I just knew it was a matter of time before he got his own (GM) job because he’s a bright basketball mind. He knows a lot about the game and it seems like he (always) makes the right decisions. He’s one of those guys that totally cares for his players more than just playing basketball. He’s somebody that I respect a lot and I know with his guidance (the Magic) are a really good organization.’’
I really believe in Rob Hennigan… I am a big fan of the Magic and I would like to see them do well.”
"The Magic have always been one of my favorite teams to watch"
Vucevic is one of the best centers in the league.
"I think (Oladipo) is a tremendous player, a guy that brings so much to an organization," Durant said before tipoff. "He's a great kid off the floor. Just humble, hard-working. He loves the game of basketball. Of course, on the court, he plays so hard. He just plays to win. He plays team basketball and plays to win.
"I know this may sound maybe a little too early," Durant said, "but he reminds me a lot of Dwyane Wade in his body, his athleticism and how he gets to the basket. I'm not saying he's Dwyane Wade, but he reminds me a lot of him. He's definitely looking forward to taking on that role."
"Victor is playing out of his mind right now, but [he's] a guy that I knew was going to do that," Durant said. "He works extremely hard. He listens. And he's a tremendous talent. He's playing well for them. I think the good thing for him is that they've moved him to the 2 [shooting guard position], where he can score and make plays because he's that athletic, D-Wade type of guy."
Adam Papageorgiou ‏@PapageorgiouMBO May 17

Victor Oladipo's new agent Leon Rose also represents Kevin Durant

Lowe said that two powerful sources in the league that don't bull around had said that there is a buzz about Durant wanting to play with Horford, and that it could be Orlando's plan.
Lowe: (Magic) are confident weather, tax situation, etc, can lure someone. We'll see. Expect them to go hard at Horford.

Payton/Watson

Dipo/Hezonja

Durant/Fournier

Gordon/Nicholson

Horford/Vucevic

Can't get horford and Durant and keep Fournier or Nicholson

Can't get horford and Durant and keep Fournier or Nicholson

I know, it's all wishful thinking anyway.

Was just thinking maybe Rob could be Rileyesque.. make the needed moves to free up everything possible and get guys to take a little less here and there to buy in to the plan to make it all work.

Could we go over the cap this year, and then when it goes up again next year be back under to avoid tax?