Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I like the Noel idea. As long as we don't give up the 11 pick plus one of our core guys for him. Noel is what Vuc isn't. He's athletic, blocks shots, and moves better defensively than Vuc does.

I like noel. I dont like both noel and gordon together.

I like the Noel idea. As long as we don't give up the 11 pick plus one of our core guys for him. Noel is what Vuc isn't. He's athletic, blocks shots, and moves better defensively than Vuc does.

To be fair, Vuc is also what Noel isn't: talented offensively, capable of scoring from further out than 3 feet out, a good passer, a high BBall IQ.

I don't like Noel as a starter for the same reason I'm not thrilled with Vucevic as a full time starter. There's a handful of teams that both guys are unplayable against. Vucevic destroyed Noel to the point that Philly couldn't play him against us. I think any large low post player would give Noel trouble just like any team that has a decent point guard and center who can rim run cooks Vucevic in the pick and roll.

It'd be nice to have both guys to cover for each other.

so you want something nice but dont want to pay for it?

i'd give up 11 + lakers pick.

I don't like Noel as a starter for the same reason I'm not thrilled with Vucevic as a full time starter. There's a handful of teams that both guys are unplayable against. Vucevic destroyed Noel to the point that Philly couldn't play him against us. I think any large low post player would give Noel trouble just like any team that has a decent point guard and center who can rim run cooks Vucevic in the pick and roll.

It'd be nice to have both guys to cover for each other.

I get the thought but I don't think it works in practice. When you need two players to do the job of one it is a net negative

I get the thought but I don't think it works in practice. When you need two players to do the job of one it is a net negative

I can't think of an example where it doesn't work

I can't think of an example where it doesn't work

Aaron Gordon and Tobias Harris

Also just think about a Noel-Vuc front on the court. On offense you are either relegating Vuc to a jump shooter to keep Noel under the rim, or you have a completely useless player in space. On defense Vuc is still a problem - he is either out guarding other stretch 4s who are quicker, or under the rim which leaves us with the same problem we have now.

Unless your idea is to rotate them based on matchups I guess that is fine, but... Eh