Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

he averaged almost 20 ppg that season...

I think we can separate "grant hill the contract albatross that prevented us from fielding a competitive roster and wasted the career of a MVP candidate" from Grant Hill the guy who was an all star and still managed to put up 16 ppg in the 200 games he played in a magic uniform despite often playing with an ankle that pretty much wanted to secede from his body.

A far cry from the 28 ppg guy we thought we were getting. But miraculously was cured when he went to Phoenix.

This is why I don't get upset when experts rank our offseason as really bad, or they can't understand at all what we're doing. When people expect Orlando to suck this year, I totally understand. I'm hopeful that we will make the playoffs, be a competitive team. But when what we have is so many questions, it's hard to expect anyone to see all of that stuff coming together at once.

Yeah, the only problem is the people who think we're going to suck imagine that if there's a 40% chance that Payton takes a step forward and there's a 40% chance that Fournier is a 17+ ppg guy and a 40% chance that Gordon can play SF and a 40% chance hezonja is going to be a significant contributor and a 40% chance ibaka turns into the player we think he's going to be then none of those things are going to happen because it's not the most likely scenario.

The correct way to look at it is a 40% likelihood of all of those things happening means it's extremely likely that at least two of those things are going to happen.

And we don't need all of those things to happen for us to be a playoff team. That's why we have Augustin, Green, and Biyombo on the bench. Contingency plans.

If we get two of the list things to happen, Vucevic to be who he is, and green/augustin/biyombo to meet base level expectations we're looking good.

eh, time will fix things. people felt the same way about shaq and mcgrady.

I understood to some degree with Shaq and especially Tmac. Shaq hurt the worse personally.

Dwight was just in another dimension of wtf's and smdh's. I was ready to move on before he did.

45 wins. Bank it.

that seems like the right ballpark.

Biyombo

Ibaka

Gordon

Fournier

Payton

(vucevic, hezonja, augustin, green)

vs

44 win Detroit

Drummond

Ilyasova/Harris

morris

KCP

Jackson

(Johnson, Tolliver, blake/Jennings, Baynes)

vs

45 win Indiana

Mahinmi

Turner

George

Ellis

Hill

(miles, stuckey, Hill, Allen)

seems like a similar ballpark. Lack of a George means maybe closer to 42. higher quality bench and young players who are likely to improve means maybe 48. 45 seems like the appropriate goal based on talent.

Biyombo

Ibaka

Gordon

Fournier

Payton

vs

44 win Detroit

Drummond

Ilyasova/Harris

morris

KCP

Jackson

vs

45 win Indiana

Mahinmi

Turner

George

Ellis

Hill

seems like a similar ballpark. Lack of a George means maybe closer to 42. higher quality bench and young players who are likely to improve means maybe 48. 45 seems like the appropriate goal based on talent.

I like your SL for us. That is some heavy duty defense for us! Vuc coming off the bench will be golden. He showed flashes of greatness coming off the bench. He can wreck havoc. This makes us very similar to the OKC Thunder lineup, and they are a team that made it to the conference finals.

Biyombo

Ibaka

Gordon

Fournier

Payton

vs

44 win Detroit

Drummond

Ilyasova/Harris

morris

KCP

Jackson

vs

45 win Indiana

Mahinmi

Turner

George

Ellis

Hill

I like your SL for us. That is some heavy duty defense for us! Vuc coming off the bench will be golden. He showed flashes of greatness coming off the bench. He can wreck havoc. This makes us very similar to the OKC Thunder lineup, and they are a team that made it to the conference finals.