Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Well after inking what could be nearly half our salary cap I would hope so.... Short term yes we improved. Long term I seriously doubt it. I think he went all in on a possible one year player which could set us back 3 plus years if he walks (which our centers have been known to do). The rest of the moves shored up a deficiency he should have addressed some time ago but now was forced to address after another year being one of the softest teams in the league. We still lack someone capable of getting 20 per game or even close to it despite blowing through a wad and a half of cash. I will say though guys on one year deals with talent tend to play their a$$es off in that last year so I expect Ibaka to give it his all this year and hopefully the Lakers dont come calling for another of our centers.

There's a ton of flexibility if we decide Green, Ibaka, and Meeks are not keepers.

Biyombo is a keeper. Have u seen him play for real?

Even close? You know Vuch averaged 18 last year and 19 the year before right? Pretty close to 20 in my book.

and you brought in two guys who are going to take his minutes where last year he was the only show in town.... Everyone on this team is full of "potential" according to the fans but realistically at best we are a 40 win club grabbing the 7th or 8th seed. Im not sure there is a way to transition that to a top 5 club in the next 4 years given how slowly and dysfunctionally the current rebuild has progressed.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA · 20m20 minutes ago

Portland guard CJ McCollum has reached agreement on a four-year, $106M maximum contract extension, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Portland guard CJ McCollum has reached agreement on a four-year, $106M maximum contract extension, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Wow he's not going anywhere. Good for him

and you brought in two guys who are going to take his minutes where last year he was the only show in town.... Everyone on this team is full of "potential" according to the fans but realistically at best we are a 40 win club grabbing the 7th or 8th seed. Im not sure there is a way to transition that to a top 5 club in the next 4 years given how slowly and dysfunctionally the current rebuild has progressed.

You brought in one of the better defensive 4's who can stretch the floor consistently giving Vuch more space to operate and a much better backup than Dedmon who might one day unseat Vuch as a starting center.

Stop freaking out and see what materializes. Good **** is made with time in the kitchen not nuked in an microwave as fast as possible.

Good for him! Oladipo is going to get paid next year!!

im pretty confident we're going to go 42-40 this year.

Indiana went 45-37. They had Paul George but I think our team is deeper than theirs.

if you had to rank both teams' players it'd go something like:

George

-Ibaka

-Gordon

-Fournier? Maybe after hill?

Hill

-Vucevic

-Green

Turner

-Biyombo

-Payton

Mahinmi

-Augustin

-Meeks

-Hezonja

Stuckey

Hill

Allen

Well after inking what could be nearly half our salary cap I would hope so.... Short term yes we improved. Long term I seriously doubt it. I think he went all in on a possible one year player which could set us back 3 plus years if he walks (which our centers have been known to do). The rest of the moves shored up a deficiency he should have addressed some time ago but now was forced to address after another year being one of the softest teams in the league. We still lack someone capable of getting 20 per game or even close to it despite blowing through a wad and a half of cash. I will say though guys on one year deals with talent tend to play their a$$es off in that last year so I expect Ibaka to give it his all this year and hopefully the Lakers dont come calling for another of our centers.

I think you hope Fournier and Ibaka can be 18ppg type players and the rest of the team falls in line from there.

Well damn...

Can't they basically do the exact same deal next year? Why do this now, financially speaking?

Otherwise, totally not surprised. Portland was shockingly good last year- I think they believe they have something good going on there (and there is a very good chance they are right).