Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I dont think the Magic Organization had any way to know. it is possible that they didnt do the necessary deligance to investigate further on the extent of his condition/injury.

If he is out for the season, I am not sure if the league will grant an injury excemption. Even if that is granted I am not sure if the Team will use it. Maybe it can help to absorb another player in a future trade.

He's expected back before training camp

I really don't care much about Meeks. He's not gonna play a full 82 games or anything. If he plays 50 i'd be content.

Also, Wilcox can play. I have no issue with him getting Meeks minutes off the bench. That shot is pure. Another nice off-season move by Rob. Really, Meeks was probably the only off-season move I wasn't all for. But he's an expiring contract so I don't really care either way and when he's healthy he's worth his contract.

He actually plays like Meeks.

we probably didn't know. Physicals don't really catch everything.

You would think after the 7 year Grant Hill albatross of a foot issue this organization would insist on having every inspection known to man in regard to ankles and feet. Oh I know I know in Rob we trust of course he knew it all along and it was part of his master plan. Cant we return him and get our money back....just like at Costco.

If anyone's interested, Here's the link for the USA select team practice and scrimmage with AG and Dipo

Here Gordon is against team USA (Kyrie, Durant, Demarcus, Thompson, Carmelo). He scores twice and generally looks pretty good. (comes in at the 2:30 mark).

He's expected back before training camp

i Dont think that is happening. If it was bad enough to require a second surgery, it will be around 8 to 12 weeks. He might be ready for the second half of the season if he heals well which clearly it has not been the case. But, considering he is in his contract year he might want to rush himself back sooner than recommended.

i Dont think that is happening. If it was bad enough to require a second surgery, it will be around 8 to 12 weeks. He might be ready for the second half of the season if he heals well which clearly it has not been the case. But, considering he is in his contract year he might want to rush himself back sooner than recommended.

Training camp is 8 weeks away...

Same thing happened to Big Baby. He was playing by November after a 2nd surgery performed in late July. Regardless, I wanted Hezonja to get those minutes. Meeks is an expiring next summer. He is likely a one year rental.

Training camp is 8 weeks away...

So he will clearly not be available before training camp. I really takes 8-12 weeks to heal. After 3 months he might be able to start doing some sports specific training.

So Im still guessing he will be back by mid December unless he heals really fast.

Same thing happened to Big Baby. He was playing by November after a 2nd surgery performed in late July. Regardless, I wanted Hezonja to get those minutes. Meeks is an expiring next summer. He is likely a one year rental.

He rushed himself back to fast. He is now undergoing another foot/ankle surgery and likely his career is over.

So he will clearly not be available before training camp. I really takes 8-12 weeks to heal. After 3 months he might be able to start doing some sports specific training.

So Im still guessing he will be back by mid December unless he heals really fast.

mid-December isn't an unreasonable expectation.