Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Wonder if we're just going to resign marble to an unguaranteed deal.

Otherwise, are we going to do a 4 for 1 trade or something and need the roster spot?

Lance Stephenson anybody? Lol

Don't laugh, I'd take him. We need defense on the perimeter. Vogel can control him.

If I go to the grocery store and buy wheat bread or white bread or rye bread it's great because I need bread.

If I go to the grocery store and buy wheat bread and white bread and rye bread it's dumb because there's no way for me to eat all of that bread before it goes bad.

Our roster as it stands doesn't make sense without throwing someone away.

Your assumptions:

1) All bread is of equal value.

2) You must consume every bit of the bread in order for the purchase to be worth it.

3) You were better off getting rid of one bread once you got another because having two types of bread is nonsensical.

Why these are poor assumptions for a roster:

1) Not all players are equal. Their value depends on their skill set, their age, their contracts, the needs of the team they are on, and the market demand for their skills.

2) We don't need to run Biyombo 48 minutes this season for him to be worth it. We can go through periods where we use him 20 minutes and periods where we use him 28 minutes. At 23 on a multiple year deal, he's not going bad. The same applies to Vucevic.

3) These are not the same player. You didn't buy a loaf of white bread when you still had 3/4 a loaf of white bread in your kitchen. You bought wheat. They play the same function but execute it differently and bring something to the table the other doesn't. If you fall in love with Biyombo, that doesn't mean Vuc is worthless and must be thrown away. But if someone else is hungry (and someone is always hungry) then you do have the option of swapping Vuc for someone else you could use. But you don't need to do that preemptively. Vucevic isn't going to go bad this year. And there will be plenty of appropriate moments to use him vs. Biyombo.

• Upvote 1

Don't laugh, I'd take him. We need defense on the perimeter. Vogel can control him.

My LOL was just to protect myself from being got at. I'd definitely take him also. Would be tough defense for sure.

Payton

Stephenson

Gordon

Ibaka

Biyombo

Hard as nails defence lol

Your assumptions:

2) You must consume every bit of the bread in order for the purchase to be worth it.

3) You were better off getting rid of one bread once you got another because having two types of bread is nonsensical.

1) Not all players are equal. Their value depends on their skill set, their age, their contracts, the needs of the team they are on, and the market demand for their skills.

2) We don't need to run Biyombo 48 minutes this season for him to be worth it. We can go through periods where we use him 20 minutes and periods where we use him 28 minutes. At 23 on a multiple year deal, he's not going bad. The same applies to Vucevic.

3) These are not the same player. You didn't buy a loaf of white bread when you still had 3/4 a loaf of white bread in your kitchen. You bought wheat. They play the same function but execute it differently and bring something to the table the other doesn't. If you fall in love with Biyombo, that doesn't mean Vuc is worthless and must be thrown away. But if someone else is hungry (and someone is always hungry) then you do have the option of swapping Vuc for someone else you could use. But you don't need to do that preemptively. Vucevic isn't going to go bad this year. And there will be plenty of appropriate moments to use him vs. Biyombo.

You're the first person who's called me out on lazy metaphors. Congrats.

I just don't want things to end up like last season where we had a clearly good player in Gordon but couldn't find him more than 18mpg because of a crowded lineup. Then we had to make subpar trades in order to find him minutes.

Wonder if we're just going to resign marble to an unguaranteed deal.

Otherwise, are we going to do a 4 for 1 trade or something and need the roster spot?

Don't tease...

Are you guys forgetting that Indiana literally voted Stephenson off the team?

And the Grizz welcomed him with open arms.

People change. Low risk, high reward.

Patricio Garino is probably the likely choice.

It's not like marble is some great player but we gotta pay someone 900k to not play. Why not him?

Talking about the 4 for 1 trade.

Who cares about Marbel?

And the Grizz welcomed him with open arms.

People change. Low risk, high reward.

Patricio Garino is probably the likely choice.

The Grizz were playing fans from Section 108 by the end of last year.

Your assumptions:

I agree with what you're saying. I would also add that their is no guarantee that Serge stays. So it would be great to keep all 3 for assurance. Their is enough minutes to play all three players and Vucevic's contract make him easier to keep around. To me the bigs actually compliment each other.

No need to rush anything, especially trading our best scorer. We should see what Vogel does with the current roster. If he can make hibert an all-star, what can he do with Vuch? That is what I am looking forward to next season.