Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I'm a little worried about the Hayward rumours. I hope we aren't pursuing him too hard when he will opt out of his contract this season and become a free agent this off-season. We can just go after him then. I don't want to give up too much to try and get him now, definitely don't want to include AG but that's who they will be asking for. They have no need for Vuch/Payton, so if we were to get a trade accepted it would have to include either Mario or AG, or both. Mario I could accept, but not AG.

at this point VUC is expendable and Hayward is what we hope Mario can someday be like so I would trade those for him. Hayward is still young and has a lot of potential to get better too. Where did you see the rumor?

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: In last few hours, Bulls calling teams to unload contracts, trying to create space to sign Dwyane Wade. Wade is serious about them.

I'd love to have Taj Gibson and his expiring contract, but we're so set at the 4/5 that it won't happen.

This is exactly the reason I think he should have stayed here this summer and just work on his game against other NBA players in summer league and in workouts. Going back to play for Croatia when he knows how it is with them playing older guys and not running much plays for him is foolish in my opinion.

Agreed. This was a dumb decision.

Seriously, WTF.

I'm a little worried about the Hayward rumours. I hope we aren't pursuing him too hard when he will opt out of his contract this season and become a free agent this off-season. We can just go after him then. I don't want to give up too much to try and get him now, definitely don't want to include AG but that's who they will be asking for. They have no need for Vuch/Payton, so if we were to get a trade accepted it would have to include either Mario or AG, or both. Mario I could accept, but not AG.

Where are you seeing this rumor?

Got it from a couple posts here and around the web. Nothing really concrete that we are chasing him.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

Another post from the RealGM board:

--------------

Magic_Johnny12

Veteran

Post#1515 » less than a minute ago

DONT KILL THE MESSENGER

AGAIN DONT KILL THE MESSENGER

I have a friend that lives in Utah that just texted me that some local beat writer out there is reporting that Utah and Orlando are in "preliminary talks" for a trade that's centered around Hezonja/Hayward.

Claims that there's a lot of chatter that Hayward wants out of Utah.

I asked him for a name,tweet, link of any sort and just said he heard it on a Utah local sports XM channel.

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT

Interesting none the less

Utah would have no need for Vuch as they have Gobert. That's why I was worried that a possible deal for him would include AG. Apparently there were rumours that Phoenix couldn't get Hayward with an offer of Bledsoe and Lottery pick and Boston failed with Smart, Bradley and pick 3. These rumours were posted in this thread. I doubt the Boston one was correct, maybe 1 player and pick not both players and pick.

Got it from a couple posts here and around the web. Nothing really concrete that we are chasing him.

Utah would have no need for Vuch as they have Gobert. That's why I was worried that a possible deal for him would include AG. Apparently there were rumours that Phoenix couldn't get Hayward with an offer of Bledsoe and Lottery pick and Boston failed with Smart, Bradley and pick 3. These rumours were posted in this thread. I doubt the Boston one was correct, maybe 1 player and pick not both players and pick.

Come on guys. There's no such thing as a Utah local xm channel.

There are no local xm channels

I know I'm about to get roasted here since a majority of the people here are in love with the kid, but have we ever seen him do anything special in organized basketball? The dude is all raw talent, but I'm not sure he truly knows how to play the game the way it will be needed for him to be successful in the NBA. He wasn't that good for Barcelona and wasn't that good as rookie. I might be in the minority, but I remain a skeptic of the kid until he shows otherwise.

Hezonja is legit 6'8 who can shoot... i have no doubt he will shoot 40% in a season... he is explosive, can run as well, doesn't back down from anyone, lots of potential... he can pass the ball very well... the only problem with him is his defense and dribbling.... but he isn't hopeless on defense, he has all the tools and the demeanor, if redick can improve, i have no doubt he can be a decent defender. for his 1st year I'd give him a pass because guys are bigger and faster, he needs to get used to that... dribbling can be improved ---> see Oladipo, he was a crappy dribbler and slowly gotten better with his handle... dude can really be klay 2.0

Well being from Australia I've got no idea what local xm channels even are!

Theres always rumours floating around like this one, so I don't think we can ever get carried away. I'm sure if Hayward is disgruntled, most GMs in the league would at least make a call, you have to.

Yeah I posted it from someone posting on the RealGM boards. I probably should have caught that(lol local xm channel). Another post he made was kind of ridiculous, so I doubt he's reliable.

Well being from Australia I've got no idea what local xm channels even are!

Theres always rumours floating around like this one, so I don't think we can ever get carried away. I'm sure if Hayward is disgruntled, most GMs in the league would at least make a call, you have to.

They don't exist. XM is satellite radio.

• Upvote 1