Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Would anyone be ok with trading Vuch away for some draft picks? It seems like we have already added some good vets who should help us win more.

That would open playing time at the 4 and 5, while also hopefully helping us stock up to grab young talent in the furure.

Would anyone be ok with trading Vuch away for some draft picks? It seems like we have already added some good vets who should help us win more.

That would open playing time at the 4 and 5, while also hopefully helping us stock up to grab young talent in the furure.

To me this would fall into the don't trade Vuc for nothing category. I think Vuc, paired with one of our young guys and future picks could net us a very good player and hopefully be the final piece of the puzzle.

I'm kinda 50/50 on trading vuc.

The issue is with this combo of bigs we've added, his value may drop so it could be a sell high scenario to trade him now. If other teams are viewing him as a stud starter, that may change during this season into a value at his contract of a standard backup big in the new cap world sharing minutes with biyombo and ibaka which could yield less return for a trade later.

I like the idea of him with a second unit scoring his ass off paired with one of our now plentiful shot blocking bigs. if doesn't have an oladipo attitude about starting, he could have a very strong season.

I wonder how vooch views himself in comparison with ibaka and biyombo in terms of pecking order. does he hear we got both of them and think, oh well ibaka could start over me, but i should be starting over biyombo... or is he cool just thinking great this hsould make us better and i'll do whatever.

Also ugh, jeff green...he's the one jamming up everyone's projected lineups... i can see it though, try to make gordon/mario stepup and earn minutes you can live with sitting jeff or dumping him or trade filler.

I said I'd be mad at rob if we signed jeff green, but the 1 year at that rate kinda makes sense... and I tried, I can't stay mad at you rob

tumblr_mfjsvqcbJW1qba57ko1_500.gif

Another thing to consider with Biyombo is he is a balls to the wall energy guy. Might be better to keep him at 25-28 minutes to keep his level of play up.

No. Please, no. We do not need to stack up on your talent for the future. We have AG & Mario who are still no where near their potential. Trading Vuch for picks would be against everything Rob has been doing this summer.

Another thing to consider with Biyombo is he is a balls to the wall energy guy. Might be better to keep him at 25-28 minutes to keep his level of play up.

I said something a long these lines yesterday and could not agree more. I don't think you want him playing over 30 minutes every night with his style. Yet another reason why having Vuch is great for the rotation.

Mods, maybe make a "what to do with Vuch thread"? Would be nice to talk about other things on this off-season thread. I know they go together but a Vuch only thread might be worthwhile so we can talk about other things on here.

• Upvote 1

We need him for inside offense..unless we get a borderline all-star point, which isn't happening, we gotta keep him. Peyton already limits us. And if Peyton's their guy i dont see them doing that

Mods, maybe make a "what to do with Vuch thread"? Would be nice to talk about other things on this off-season thread. I know they go together but a Vuch only thread might be worthwhile so we can talk about other things on here.

Anyone can make threads. ..

Feel free to start one