Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

For all the love fans have for Gordon and Hezonja, these moves Henny is making isn't necessarily showing a ton of faith in them. I honestly am not sure Mario cracks the rotation.

Nah, the minutes are there

Does anyone else feel bad for D Wade? Every year Pat Riley tries to screw him out of money, and this year was a new low. Apparently they offered him 10 million a year, and he's furious. Should we have held onto Green's money and tried to go after Wade? Apparently Wade is looking for the max for at least 2-3 years. He'd be a great leader and contender for us, but that money would prevent us from signing a younger star sooner.

I don't really feel bad for him (I don't really have it in me to feel bad for someone who gets paid millions to play a game he loves), but I can see why he'd be upset.

For all the love fans have for Gordon and Hezonja, these moves Henny is making isn't necessarily showing a ton of faith in them. I honestly am not sure Mario cracks the rotation.

That's true. Took JJ several years of hard work to earn his minutes. Probably all the better for him. I don't think a player's salary necessarily correlates too strongly with how much playing time they get. Especially with a 1 year contract being a bit of an experiment. Will be interesting to see how much Green plays.

Does anyone else feel bad for D Wade? Every year Pat Riley tries to screw him out of money, and this year was a new low. Apparently they offered him 10 million a year, and he's furious. Should we have held onto Green's money and tried to go after Wade? Apparently Wade is looking for the max for at least 2-3 years. He'd be a great leader and contender for us, but that money would prevent us from signing a younger star sooner.

If we wanted to, we could easily rip up the Green deal and sign Wade. None of these deals become official for another week. It would look bad on our part for sure, but there is nothing stopping us. But it's a moot point, Wade would never come to Orlando unless by some miracle it was his only way of teaming up with Durant.

If we wanted to, we could easily rip up the Green deal and sign Wade. None of these deals become official for another week. It would look bad on our part for sure, but there is nothing stopping us. But it's a moot point, Wade would never come to Orlando unless by some miracle it was his only way of teaming up with Durant.

Apparently he's in talks with the Bucks and Knicks. So I figured anyone was fair game. lol.

I think it was really just to give us more depth. I think getting them to develop is still a priority, but having more veteran leadership and a better shot at the playoffs are priorities as well.

Gordon could very well be starting by season's end. Mario should get the bulk of minutes backing up 2 & 3. I could see Gordon getting 31 min per, and Mario 25-28. No lack of faith there.

If you are good enough, teams are forced to play you. I think they are good enough. I also think one will still crack the starting line up.

vuch / dedmon / Zimmerman

Serge / Gordon /

Mario / Green / Marble

Evan / Meeks / Watson

Payton / Augustine / Napier

Even if there was a shot to get him that would be a bad move. Future free agents would be hesitant to ever do business with us.

I think Gordon really needs to work on his shot if he's going to play a lot of SF and play further away from the basket. I think Green is a better option at SF. Gordon will get minutes for sure, but his role is very undefined. As for Mario, there's a chance he gets the backup two minutes but he needs to put together a stretch of consistently good play to make me a believer. I wasn't that high on him pre-draft and he didn't do much as a rookie to dispel my concerns. Meeks isn't anything to write home about, at all. But he at least he as a proven track record as a three point shooter in the NBA. I'm not overly confident in either tbh. But at least we know we can spread the floor with our 2nd unit with Meeks and Augustin as the back court.

Nah, we'd have to dump Watson and Shabazz.

But we're not doing that post Ibaka

would you do it for Wade? Entertain the notion.

I think Gordon really needs to work on his shot if he's going to play a lot of SF and play further away from the basket. I think Green is a better option at SF. Gordon will get minutes for sure, but his role is very undefined. As for Mario, there's a chance he gets the backup two minutes but he needs to put together a stretch of consistently good play to make me a believer. I wasn't that high on him pre-draft and he didn't do much as a rookie to dispel my concerns. Meeks isn't anything to write home about, at all. But he at least he as a proven track record as a three point shooter in the NBA. I'm not overly confident in either tbh. But at least we know we can spread the floor with our 2nd unit with Meeks and Augustin as the back court.

Gordon really needs to work on his shot regardless