Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

You guys are going to love Jeff Green. He's a guy he can do a little bit of everything on the court. Kind of like a big Oladipo actually

You guys are going to love Jeff Green. He's a guy he can do a little bit of everything on the court. Kind of like a big Oladipo actually

Stop. Keep expectations low so everyone is prepared when he puts up 8 ppg for a week

Also because it's going to be fun on here when he puts up 19 ppg over 10 games

Lol

I think the most likely lineup is Vucevic/Ibaka/Green/Fournier/Payton. Gordon is the only guy on the bench with a legit shot of getting a job, but I don't really know if he can play major minutes at SF successfully in the NBA.

I'm not sure how I feel about this team right now, the roster looks to be well rounded out on paper but it still is missing something. I do like we didn't go crazy over spending, but I still just feel meh about it right now. Let's see how things continue to go and how the season turns out.

I agree that this does not make us a contender. But I think with the right coaching, players, and system, our ceiling could be that of the Celtics. They have gotten by in the East for a few years without a star.

I kind of hope Green does not start. I viewed the signing as having a flexible forward/guard backup. I'd rather see those minutes for Gordon and Hezonja. Vogel's honestly got his work cut out for him figuring out the starting lineup.

I agree that this does not make us a contender. But I think with the right coaching, players, and system, our ceiling could be that of the Celtics. They have gotten by in the East for a few years without a star.

I kind of hope Green does not start. I viewed the signing as having a flexible forward/guard backup. I'd rather see those minutes for Gordon and Hezonja. Vogel's honestly got his work cut out for him figuring out the starting lineup.

Green might "start" but only end up playing 22-24mpg

Magic reach 5-yr, $85M deal w/ Evan Fournier, 4-yr, $29M deal w/ DJ Augustin, 1-yr, $15M deal w/ Jeff Green. Can still produce $19M in room.

theater-movies-luaghing-deniro.gif

Does anyone else feel bad for D Wade? Every year Pat Riley tries to screw him out of money, and this year was a new low. Apparently they offered him 10 million a year, and he's furious. Should we have held onto Green's money and tried to go after Wade? Apparently Wade is looking for the max for at least 2-3 years. He'd be a great leader and contender for us, but that money would prevent us from signing a younger star sooner.

I like the guy and I'm fine with the deal, especially on one year. Just not all that excited about it.

Magic reach 5-yr, $85M deal w/ Evan Fournier, 4-yr, $29M deal w/ DJ Augustin, 1-yr, $15M deal w/ Jeff Green. Can still produce $19M in room.

Soooo if Hawks wanted to trade Millsap to keep Horford, we could absorb him into our remaining cap?!?!

For all the love fans have for Gordon and Hezonja, these moves Henny is making isn't necessarily showing a ton of faith in them. I honestly am not sure Mario cracks the rotation.

Soooo if Hawks wanted to trade Millsap to keep Horford, we could absorb him into our remaining cap?!?!

Nah, we'd have to dump Watson and Shabazz.

But we're not doing that post Ibaka