Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Payton/Watson/Napier

Hezonja/Fournier

Gordon/Fournier

Ibaka/Gordon

Vucevic/Ibaka/Dedmon

Seems to me that is the 9 that get playing time as it stands now.

Hezonja and Gordon have to get major minutes this year. If those two picks do not pan out, this rebuild does not work. Payton is in that boat to a lesser extent.

If Fournier is getting max money I do not think he should be back. Locking that money up in Fournier means we are completely committed to this rebuild working and I do not see that as a certainty.

Paying Fournier max money now, based on how the cap is going to be next year, will be like paying him 11.8 million in 2009

Payton/Watson/Napier

Hezonja/Fournier

Gordon/Fournier

Ibaka/Gordon

Vucevic/Ibaka/Dedmon

Seems to me that is the 9 that get playing time as it stands now.

Hezonja and Gordon have to get major minutes this year. If those two picks do not pan out, this rebuild does not work. Payton is in that boat to a lesser extent.

If Fournier is getting max money I do not think he should be back. Locking that money up in Fournier means we are completely committed to this rebuild working and I do not see that as a certainty.

Absolutely zero chance Fournier comes back and Mario starts a head of him. None.

If you don't pay Fournier, who are you paying?

Every team has money. Not to be the bearer of bad news, but free agents aren't lining up to play in Orlando. Fournier is a good player and still young, he's going to get what his worth is based on the new cap. People get way to caught up in the dollar amounts of these new contracts because we aren't used to them being this high.

Mario and AG will get plenty of minutes this year, I'm really not worried about that.

anyone else excited about nick johnson?

i think we see him, harvey, and poythress on the nba squad this year

If those guys are on roster our FA was an unmitigated disaster

If those guys are on roster our FA was an unmitigated disaster

I look at it as if any of them are on the roster, it means we spend all we had on 2 max FAs + Fournier, and needed to sign 2nd round talent with vet min contracts to fill out the rest of the roster.

Yup. Him being this good at 37 makes no sense

Hadn't really thought about him being available. But he would make so much sense for this roster. And I'm in the very small minority who still would like to see Barnes here. He's not a superstar but I think he'd fit well on this team. That cat has taken and made some big shots in a championship run. Can't find that every day on the market.

anyone else excited about nick johnson?

i think we see him, harvey, and poythress on the nba squad this year

Zimmerman has a better chance at making the team then any of those guys. Poythress maybe has a shot if he can show some ability to shoot and we need some cheap 3rd SF to toss on the bench.

I look at it as if any of them are on the roster, it means we spend all we had on 2 max FAs + Fournier, and needed to sign 2nd round talent with vet min contracts to fill out the rest of the roster.

yup

if we need to sign second round talent to fill roster spots I'm sure we can find better options on other teams.