Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I'd move Hezonja and Gordon together if they sent Portis back. Gibson is another guy on the last year of his deal.

Vuc/Mario/AG/Watson for Butler/Gibson/Portis/Calderon

Horford-Ibaka-Fournier-Butler-Payton

Gibson-Portis-?-?-Calderon

Extra money could go for backup wings, or a Barnes/Parsons and make Fournier the 6th man.

off the top of my head, we'd have somewhere close to $9million left. not enough for barnes/parsons

I'd move Hezonja and Gordon together if they sent Portis back. Gibson is another guy on the last year of his deal.

Vuc/Mario/AG/Watson for Butler/Gibson/Portis/Calderon

Horford-Ibaka-Fournier-Butler-Payton

Gibson-Portis-?-?-Calderon

Extra money could go for backup wings, or a Barnes/Parsons and make Fournier the 6th man.

I wouldn't trade both. One of those guys, if not both, are gonna be big contributors.

If we were to move Vucevic because we got Horford, what teams would be in the market for a starting Center like him? Who would our potential trade partners be?

I just can't believe Vucevic would be okay coming off the bench and I'd be surprised if Horford agrees to sign with us without some understanding that Vucevic will be traded. There just aren't enough minutes for Ibaka-Gordon-Vucevic-Hoford in the same rotation. There are only 96 minutes/game between the 4 and 5. So unless we plan to play Gordon almost exclusively at the 3 it's hard to imagine keeping Vucevic.

off the top of my head, we'd have somewhere close to $9million left. not enough for barnes/parsons

Yeah i botched the math.

Without the PG swap and dumping Shabazz maybe gets you in Marvin Williams/Kent Bazemore territory.

If we were to move Vucevic because we got Horford, what teams would be in the market for a starting Center like him? Who would our potential trade partners be?

I just can't believe Vucevic would be okay coming off the bench and I'd be surprised if Horford agrees to sign with us without some understanding that Vucevic will be traded. There just aren't enough minutes for Ibaka-Gordon-Vucevic-Hoford in the same rotation. There are only 96 minutes/game between the 4 and 5. So unless we plan to play Gordon almost exclusively at the 3 it's hard to imagine keeping Vucevic.

Portland

maybe Washington

maybe phoenix

maybe golden state

charlotte

new Orleans

maybe dallas

boston.

-Portland threw a max at Kanter last year.

-Phoenix has zero low post scoring and just drafted two 18 year old stretch 4s.

-Boston if they lost Sullinger.

-Hornets without Al Jefferson.

-Houston if Dwight leaves

-Atlanta as Horfords replacement

Problem is what we would recieve back for it to make sense

-Portland threw a max at Kanter last year.

-Phoenix has zero low post scoring and just drafted two 18 year old stretch 4s.

-Boston if they lost Sullinger.

-Hornets without Al Jefferson.

-Houston if Dwight leaves

-Atlanta as Horfords replacement

Problem is what we would recieve back for it to make sense

Sign me up for a trade with the Celtics for the 2017 Nets 1st rd draft pick

Sign me up for a trade with the Celtics for the 2017 Nets 1st rd draft pick

They don't own the Nets 2017 pick. They only have the option to trade picks. They do own the 2018 pick.

They don't own the Nets 2017 pick. They only have the option to trade picks. They do own the 2018 pick.

they could trade the rights to the pick swap scenario.

should I start talking you guys off the ledge for the pending Harrison barnes max contract offer now or should I wait until it actually happens?