Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

So I was reading the Ringer (Bill Simmons' new site) and they made the comment on the Oladipo/Ibaka trade that this was, in a way, going all in on Mario.

The interesting part was where they made the comment that Mario would have been a top two pick in this year's draft. Is this a statement on the huge amount of potential that Mario has, or the weakness of this draft?

-Side note, Mario should petition the NBA to change his profile photo- that photo they have of him is just awful.

So I was reading the Ringer (Bill Simmons' new site) and they made the comment on the Oladipo/Ibaka trade that this was, in a way, going all in on Mario.

The interesting part was where they made the comment that Mario would have been a top two pick in this year's draft. Is this a statement on the huge amount of potential that Mario has, or the weakness of this draft?

-Side note, Mario should petition the NBA to change his profile photo- that photo they have of him is just awful.

Both

Its a team with some vets that still lets Gordon, Fournier, Hezonja, and Payton develop. It lets them get a taste of the playoffs and teaches them how to win.

You worry about the hypothetical star later. Golden State was back to back 6 seeds before the title season.

Both

yup. both

people don't realize how good of a prospect hezonja was/still is. last year he was a 20 year old leading scorer in a Spanish league finals game. playing against grown men. Former NBA players. There's nothing he cant do on an NBA court. Had he been allowed to play through his mistakes he would have put up great numbers (but we would have lost more).

yup. both

people don't realize how good of a prospect hezonja was/still is. last year he was a 20 year old leading scorer in a Spanish league finals game. playing against grown men. Former NBA players. There's nothing he cant do on an NBA court. Had he been allowed to play through his mistakes he would have put up great numbers (but we would have lost more).

I agree, but I also recognize that I am a fan of the magic who does not necessarily view Magic players in an unbiased manner. The good thing about the comment was that it was from a writer not connected to the magic.

Last year you could see the potential- it just was one of those times it didn't turn into results.

I don't see the admiration for Bledsoe. Can someone sell me on trading Vuc for him? And why would PHX do it? They already have Len, Chandler, Bender, Chriss - now we're saying they'll get Vuc?

I agree, but I also recognize that I am a fan of the magic who does not necessarily view Magic players in an unbiased manner. The good thing about the comment was that it was from a writer not connected to the magic.

Last year you could see the potential- it just was one of those times it didn't turn into results.

National people LOVE hezonja. if we get him regular minutes and he performs there will be a flood of goodwill coming our way.

I don't see the admiration for Bledsoe. Can someone sell me on trading Vuc for him? And why would PHX do it?

Oladipo if the point guard experiment showed that he was actually a point guard.

2. they want more minutes to develop Bledsoe, we would likely have to take Tyson Chandler's contract too.

Thought this was already known..we don't trade out starting 2 if we don't trust Mario.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fb8%2Fab%2F28%2Fb8ab28640bd54bde384f7a8a8d6df39f.jpg&f=1

It's all speculation. Wouldn't doubt it but I don't believe it until legitimate proof comes out.