Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

That's the beauty of Batum. He's such a gifted passer that we could play two other wings with him.

Mario too.

Batum isn't a point guard. He's a good pick and role ball handler and a decent drive and kick guy but you don't really want him to be the primary ball handler except in weird wonky lineups. Like Batum Fournier Hezonja another wing Gordon just to ***** with Milwaukee or something

we don't have anyone to give up. And he makes too much to take on at this point. If we strike out signing 2 max FAs, i'd think about it as a bench player, but would've give up any valuable asset.

I love Taj and would see him as a huge get for the Magic. A total Vogel type of player, and acquiring him would allow us to confidently trade Vooch. Not sure if we have the right package to get it done.

I hesitate to be too harsh on Elfrid Payton last year because sophomore slumps are a thing and he had a coach who didn't have his back and he didn't want to play for because said coach would throw him under the bus at every opportunity he got. I'd be really nervous about Elf's career arc going forward if Skiles was still our coach, but I'm much more optimistic now that he has a coach who will actually give him a chance to succeed.

He has also been in two totally different offensive systems. Hard on a young point guard.

I love Taj and would see him as a huge get for the Magic. A total Vogel type of player, and acquiring him would allow us to confidently trade Vooch. Not sure if we have the right package to get it done.

I think we will play more small ball but I do like Gibson. He brings toughness and experience.

We need a backup point guard that doesn't suck

CJ Watson doesn't suck as far as backups go. It's more having a starting PG that grades out as an awful NBA point guard. Not sure what the backup has to do with the starter being terrible.

CJ Watson doesn't suck as far as backups go. It's more having a starting PG that grades out as an awful NBA point guard. Not sure what the backup has to do with the starter being terrible.

I forgot CJ Watson even existed LOL

He's a "teach the guys how to deal with nba life" guy. We don't really need that anymore

I was just meaning that's an example of the kinda dude you were talking about, not that we needed one.

This is where we hope the hate goes too far on Eric Gordon and we can sign him to a reasonable contract.

The hate on Eric Gordon is 100% justified. He cant defend, he's small, and his shot release is slower than Byron Leftwitch's throwing motion.

Dude hasn't been healthy in like 2 yrs. you can't be good if you can't play.