Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

The other main concern is two point guard lineups. Philly killed Fournier with the Smith/canaan backcourt. When Atlanta tried to do that to us with Teague Schroder we just sat Fournier and played Oladipo but we don't have that now.

We need a backup 2 that can defend point guards or else teams are just going to out small us.

Lee would be perfect, but may be too expensive for what we want to do. Could also play CJ at SG in those lineups.

Lee would be perfect, but may be too expensive for what we want to do. Could also play CJ at SG in those lineups.

The main concern there is cj-Payton lineups suuuuucked.

We need to be versatile enough to change our strategy based on the opponent. Play Fournier at 3 when we can buy not by default.

Absolutely. This is why my dream has been Fournier as a 30 min a night super 6th man. Allows us to use him more creatively.

This is where we hope the hate goes too far on Eric Gordon and we can sign him to a reasonable contract.

This is where we hope the hate goes too far on Eric Gordon and we can sign him to a reasonable contract.

If we whiff on top guys Id offer him the Ben Gordon special (obviously way more money)

Our realistic "top" targets are likely to be Barnes, Beal, Parsons....the rest will be delegated to depth purposes. We aren't going to get Conley or true "tier 1/2" players. Those guys are wanting to play on established contenders. We need to pounce on our realistic targets immediately because everyone has money. Whomever we sign will be an overpay but thats just what we have to do as a small market team.

Will you guys be "ok" with a player close to the Aldridge talent next to IBAKA?

If so, take a look at this:

Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG%FTFTAFT%ORB DRBTRBASTSTL BLK TOV PF PTS

L.Aldridge

2010-11 25 81 81 39.6 8.7 17.5 .500 0.0 0.3 .174 8.7 17.2 .505 .501 4.3 5.5 .791 3.4 5.3 8.8 2.1 1.0 1.2 1.9 2.7 21.8

Nic, Vuc

2015-16 25 65 60 31.3 8.2 16.1 .510 0.0 0.1 .222 8.2 16.0 .512 .511 1.7 2.3.753 2.7 6.2 8.9 2.8 0.8 1.1 1.9 2.7 18.2

What do you all think about having Rondo sign here? He could be a great mentor for Elf in the short term and provide more depth at the PG position. Thoughts?

Sidebar: I think we really just go after Barnes and improve our bench depth this offseason

There has never been a time in Rondos career that anyone has ever deemed him as a mentor.

Will you guys be "ok" with a player close to the Aldridge talent next to IBAKA?

If so, take a look at this:

Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG%FTFTAFT%ORB DRBTRBASTSTL BLK TOV PF PTS

L.Aldridge

2010-11 25 81 81 39.6 8.7 17.5 .500 0.0 0.3 .174 8.7 17.2 .505 .501 4.3 5.5 .791 3.4 5.3 8.8 2.1 1.0 1.2 1.9 2.7 21.8

Nic, Vuc

2015-16 25 65 60 31.3 8.2 16.1 .510 0.0 0.1 .222 8.2 16.0 .512 .511 1.7 2.3.753 2.7 6.2 8.9 2.8 0.8 1.1 1.9 2.7 18.2

Except 4 ppg less on 1.4 fewer fga and significantly worse defense isn't "close"

Do you like poythress? Or have you just heard of poythress?

No I like Poythress. I think he's better then what he has shown. I just feel his talents weren't shown as much being on deep rosters every year. Calipari is known for playing his players to his coaching style and not their strengths. KAT and Randle are perfect examples of that. They both could shoot the ball well coming to Kentucky but you'd never know because of the way Calipari used them. I remember when Poythress was a freshman he was thought of as a lottery pick but him staying in school was a disadvantage for him because it gave scouts time to really break down his game and see his flaws.

No I like Poythress. I think he's better then what he has shown. I just feel his talents weren't shown as much being on deep rosters every year. Calipari is known for playing his players to his coaching style and not their strengths. KAT and Randle are perfect examples of that. They both could shoot the ball well coming to Kentucky but you'd never know because of the way Calipari used them. I remember when Poythress was a freshman he was thought of as a lottery pick but him staying in school was a disadvantage for him because it gave scouts time to really break down his game and see his flaws.

What does he do at an nba level? He's a 6'7 pf who doesn't rebound or shoot well.