Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

neither oladipo nor Fournier were that ball dominant. Fournier was for stretches but varied greatly game to game.

we decided at one point to highlight the vucevic/Jason smith 18 footer exclusively and that really killed our offensive movement.

Mario moved around on screens as an initial movement but looked to be the third option on most plays so he never got the ball in a position to score. Other times we just parked him in the corner.

I agree. But the idea that everyone got an equal opportunity to create is really not accurate when it comes to Mario. Skiles was not asking him to create offense the way Dipo, Evan, Vucevic were.

I highly doubt we move Vuc this summer. Henny talked about ibaka playing next to him in the presser.

Maybe durijg the year if it doesn't plan out.

It'll be interesting to see if we can come up with a lineup that works with Gordon-Ibaka-Vuvevic on offense. All of them have range to varying degrees but I think it'd be tough if Payton is also on the court with them. You would get some interesting pick and roll action.

I agree. But the idea that everyone got an equal opportunity to create is really not accurate when it comes to Mario. Skiles was not asking him to create offense the way Dipo, Evan, Vucevic were.

As I said earlier, Mario wasn't asked to create offense because he turned the ball over nearly as often he scored. Skiles wasn't an idiot; he wasn't going to ask a kid that prone to turnovers to create offense.

I highly doubt we move Vuc this summer. Henny talked about ibaka playing next to him in the presser.

Maybe durijg the year if it doesn't plan out.

I put no stock into that.

if he said "ibaka is going to start at the 5" it would invite massive speculation that we're trading vucevic and kill his value.

by saying "we like multi-positional players and vucevic can play 4 and 5, ibaka can play 4 and 5, and Gordon can play 3 and 4" we have no idea who is starting and where. We're presenting an idea that we're keeping everybody therefore we can walk away from any trade.

As I said earlier, Mario wasn't asked to create offense because he turned the ball over nearly as often he scored. Skiles wasn't an idiot; he wasn't going to ask a kid that prone to turnovers to create offense.

Okay, you win. Mario was mostly a spot up shooter last season because of all his turnovers. The way he was used had nothing to do with the other personel on the floor.

if he said "ibaka is going to start at the 5" it would invite massive speculation that we're trading vucevic and kill his value.

by saying "we like multi-positional players and vucevic can play 4 and 5, ibaka can play 4 and 5, and Gordon can play 3 and 4" we have no idea who is starting and where. We're presenting an idea that we're keeping everybody therefore we can walk away from any trade.

Not to mention all of the times he has said nice stuff about guys right before trading them.

Sports GMs unfortunately come off looking a little scummy because of this- even though it is necessary.

I'm not sure if you saw Vuc's tweet to Ibaka but they wear the same number and Vuc pretty much told him to find a new one. It was playful, but if Vuc moves to the bench this season it'll be interesting to see how he handles it. Even if he still has his number.

mother of god....

Josh Eberley

‏@JoshEberley

WOW... @Mitch_Lawrence reporting Wizards may offer Noah a full max, 28 mill to start. He isn't better than Gortat..

Good to know things could always be worse lol

mother of god....

Josh Eberley

‏@JoshEberley

WOW... @Mitch_Lawrence reporting Wizards may offer Noah a full max, 28 mill to start. He isn't better than Gortat..

For what?!