Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Anyone of you ever know a guy who has no idea what he's doing in life and just kinda floats along. And you sit in the background thinking man, what is this guy doing. He's going to get left behind. Bad things are going to happen to him because he doesn't take life as seriously or plan as much as I do.

But nothing bad ever really happens to him. He doesn't study and gets mediocre grades and someone hands him a great job. He ignores his girlfriend so she breaks up with him and he ends up meeting his future wife the next day. Blows money on video games instead of rent but finds a $50 bill on the sidewalk.

That's what I feel like watching this franchise. We keep failing into great moves.

• Upvote 1

LOL what great analogies. That's totally our organization.

Sentinel story on Vogel:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-frank-vogel-reach-deal-20160516-story.html

we lucked out and got penny and shaq. then we mismanaged shaq which allowed us to rebuild faster and get hill and mcgrady. then we screwed up the mcgrady years which got us Dwight (and mcgrady never did anything). We screw up that draft and take the wrong player according to everyone and pick the future star accidentally. Then we screwed up by hiring Donovan and he quit, leaving us enough time to get Stan before he went to Sacramento. We screw up the Dwight situation right before his value starts to tank and he starts suffering injuries. We hire skiles during a year with no real good candidates and he quits a few days after a great coach gets fired and we're the best reasonable option to hire him.

Its a little crazy.

Anyone of you ever know a guy who has no idea what he's doing in life and just kinda floats along. And you sit in the background thinking man, what is this guy doing. He's going to get left behind. Bad things are going to happen to him because he doesn't take life as seriously or plan as much as I do.

But nothing bad ever really happens to him. He doesn't study and gets mediocre grades and someone hands him a great job. He ignores his girlfriend so she breaks up with him and he ends up meeting his future wife the next day. Blows money on video games instead of rent but finds a $50 bill on the sidewalk.

That's what I feel like watching this franchise. We keep failing into great moves.

Pretty sure you just described my life after high school... no wonder I love this team. :pulpfiction:

hahaha good stuff