Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

All he said were lame media sound bites. You didn't miss anything. Even one of the commentators called him out on his BS answers.

It wasnt complete BS like others have said. He opened up a bit about how be has struggled with his personality and how people perceive said personality. He also hinted at the difficulties he has had playing with Harden. Looking disengaged but but really just playing the style that is laid upon him was also mentioned (more so explained by Chuck).

Regardless Dwight told Chuck he has heard all the **** he has talked about him. He sat there and took every bad and good thing Chuck and Kenny gave him.

Like I said I dont know if he has changed but it was a very interesting segment and he seemed to be as genuine as possible without throwing people under the bus or revealing too much of his future plans.

It wasnt complete BS like others have said. He opened up a bit about how be has struggled with his personality and how people perceive said personality. He also hinted at the difficulties he has had playing with Harden. Looking disengaged but but really just playing the style that is laid upon him was also mentioned (more so explained by Chuck).

Regardless Dwight told Chuck he has heard all the **** he has talked about him. He sat there and took every bad and good thing Chuck and Kenny gave him.

Like I said I dont know if he has changed but it was a very interesting segment and he seemed to be as genuine as possible without throwing people under the bus or revealing too much of his future plans.

What was telling was at the end he wanted more advise and verbally expressed it. He was totally engaged. I also think Kenny and Chuck telling him this is his last multi year contract may have hit home to how important the next few years will be for him.

For the right price i'd take him back... i'd be pissed to see him join the Celtics and win that's for sure.

I like Dwight but his free throws can really hurt a team. Even Drummond was having trouble staying on the court against the Cavs and that's just something you can't do as a star player.

I like Dwight but his free throws can really hurt a team. Even Drummond was having trouble staying on the court against the Cavs and that's just something you can't do as a star player.

What will hurt a team is if he still thinks him dropping 20+ a game is going to make a team better.

One thing in that interview that should wake up Dwight is when Kenny and Chuck both talked about how the league has changed. Being a big today isn't like the ol days of Hakeem, Shaq, DRob, etc. It's an perimeter friendly game right now (which I don't particularly care for).

They even told him to rebound like Chuck use to. This has always been his strength along with blocking shots and defense. He's never been a natural scorer despite some seasons of 20+ppg.

If Dwight can accept and focus more on being a teams Big Ben or Mutumbo, the more likely he'd be contending for a ring. Offensivley he can give ya 15-18 a game but he's gotta get over the idea that he's a scorer.

• Upvote 2

I guess i'm the only one who saw through Dwight's very superficial answers.

Dude's an actor -- acted like he was happy all these years in Orlando until Stan finally exposed the truth.

Fool me once...

Dude's an actor -- acted like he was happy all these years in Orlando until Stan finally exposed the truth.

Fool me once...

Superficial? I think he's trying to vocalized his side without burning anymore bridges.

He might've reflected his time in Orlando and came to the conclusion that was the happiest time for him in his NBA career. That's not hard to see. A winning team geared around him, star status, etc. He made an real dumbarse, immature mistake. I'm sure his "camp" wasn't real smart either obviously.

Even if Dwight is better from a personality standpoint, he's still going to demand the kind of huge, long-term contract that will hamper a team as he sits out injured while making 20+ million a year. Not to sign him, to me, is more of a physical thing than a mental thing though I'm concerned with both... If he were willing to take a 2 year deal here, I'd be open to the discussion.

Fool me once...

Here's a fact for you to ponder. Dwight was happier here than with any other team that he has ever played for.

It got ugly at the end of his time here, but I believe his outside of the team influences had a major impact on his decision. If I remember correctly, he was the leading vote getter for center in more than one All Star game. We never make it to the NBA championship series without him. Shaquille left for the Lakers and it worked out great for him, so why wouldn't Dwight think that it would work for him, too? It's no wonder that he was convinced he was a Prima Donna player that would be The Man wherever he went to.

This could be fantastic feel good story for the entire NBA if he has an epiphany, and comes back to Orlando as a smiling dominant defender/rebounder/dunker at an affordable price. He was happy here.

• Upvote 1

Fool me once...

I think it would be a bit much to say that he wasn't happy in the first 5 or 6 years. He looked utterly joyful playing as his team got better and better. The fact that the wheels fell off after that 2009 run wasn't entirely on him. He wanted the Magic to fast track his success and get him another shot. They got him Vince Carter. I think most of us were excited. Vince was so excited he promptly rolled around on the floor grimacing. It would've been frustrating to see how much that experiment failed, then to follow it up by watching the team implode, lose out on every deal and end up in the first round with Gilbert f'n Arenas. He acted like a dick for sure. The behaviour was terrible and I find it hard to let go. But man how would anyone here have felt watching all of Arenas' failed shot and drive attempts in that Hawks series.. those Hawks weren't even good.

If I were him, and I don't think he's all that bright, but I still would have a hard time thinking in that spot "why the f*** am I wasting my prime on THIS?"

It's hard to throw teammates under the bus when you gain a camaraderie with them but it's easy to blame the person who is yelling in your face everytime you screw up. Kinda like yelling at a child to do the right thing is basically pointless no matter how frustrated you might be - they'll just turn on you.

What will hurt a team is if he still thinks him dropping 20+ a game is going to make a team better.

One thing in that interview that should wake up Dwight is when Kenny and Chuck both talked about how the league has changed. Being a big today isn't like the ol days of Hakeem, Shaq, DRob, etc. It's an perimeter friendly game right now (which I don't particularly care for).

They even told him to rebound like Chuck use to. This has always been his strength along with blocking shots and defense. He's never been a natural scorer despite some seasons of 20+ppg.

If Dwight can accept and focus more on being a teams Big Ben or Mutumbo, the more likely he'd be contending for a ring. Offensivley he can give ya 15-18 a game but he's gotta get over the idea that he's a scorer.

Very good points.

I truly believe we should develop Dedmon as our starting Center on a very friendly contract and spend the majority of our money on perimeter players. If we can't get Whiteside, that is