Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

Ok trey lets say we offer that type of contract. Now the question remains: would any Max FA in their right mind want to come to ORL to play with him? Or are they going to avoid him like the plague?

The contract your talking about should only be offered as our last resort if we miss out on everyone else.

Valid points and that is how i felt before. However, he is still cares on how people think of him. He wants to end his career in a good note. That is why I think he might be sincere. He is working harder than ever to improve his game this offseason. He already has hired two different trainers to work kn bis game. He never did that before. He was too arrogant to admit that he needed to inprove his game.

He worked with hakeem before but it was just for a a few days and was mainly really to gather more attention.

I think even in that last interview he even described himself and Harden asa potential little kobe and Shak duo. Weird.

I see what your saying but caring what people think shouldn't be the reason he's trying to change. That's not a good reason. Per his interview, he's always cares about what people think -- hasn't stopped him from acting like an idiot before.

His reasons need to extend beyond that.

Ok trey lets say we offer that type of contract. Now the question remains: would any Max FA in their right mind want to come to ORL to play with him? Or are they going to avoid him like the plague?

The contract your talking about should only be offered as our last resort if we miss out on everyone else.

Oh - I completely agree this isn't our #1 option. We'll want better players, but outside of Horford... I don't see much that we could feasibly get.

Whiteside isn't leaving.

Durant isn't leaving.

Derozen likely isn't leaving (nor do I know if I want him for the money he will demand).

Free Agents might not want to work with him. That's the only legitimate fear. He's the right fit with the right contract. Whether we think he's worth the risk for the outer factors (team chemistry, luring other FA) is up to management.

I'm much more open to the idea that I was a year ago because I know the leverage we have over the situation.

So how do we know he isn't faking it to get one last big contract? This is exactly why I don't believe him. He had every reason to act like he's changed.

as others pointed out, he still doesn't get what the problem is.

Hibbert wanted to be coached. He didnt have a malignant diva attitude. Sure, Dwight is more talented, but what's the point? He's a coach killer -- look what he did to Stan -- do you want a repeat with Vogel? No thanks, I like Vogel.

Faking what? He was an open book. He admits to talking to an therapist. Talked in great lengths about things. He pretty much exposed himself in that interview.

I'm not sold on signing him myself but your acting like there's all these superstar FA's available.

Rumor is Payton4thewin is gonna buy Krispy Kreme donuts for everyone if Dwight re-signs. Just saying

I'll legitimately buy all of you donuts if Durant signs.

Picture_2.png

Anyway I don't want to seem like a Debbie downer. I've relayed my opinion

I think he explained that particular episode well. He respected Stan but the players tuned Stan out. I can tell ya what he said about that is 100% truth. At the time, I knew a very close relative of a Magic player who said the exact same thing.

I think we need to look at him as a viable option. I just dont see any other free agent that is willing to llay with us NOW.

We cant wait another year. I dont think Henny can't afford another loosing season.

Dwigth is an upgrade at the center. It can work with Vogel. I rather have Horford but i dont see him coming this way.

Im not sure about other free agents not coming here because of Howard. I dont think that will be the case. I, however, CAN tell you that if we DONT do anything rest assure noone will come.

Henny needs to be more creative with trades tho. Maybe we can get Butler for a trade involving Vuc, our pick and sign and trade Fournier.

I think the combination of Dwight, oladipo and Butler will be more enticing for other free agents to come. Maybe this will entice Conley to come here.

IDK.i just dont want to close the doors on possible options out there. Even with Dwight.