Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

Dwight's human. I think he's being made a scapegoat for what was a larger problem in Houston. For the time he was there, only he and Patrick Beverley ever played like they wanted it. Maybe Ariza was engaged at times. The ending was rough, but Houston also quit on Dwight.

Even when it comes to his Orlando exit...Otis failed that kid. Over and over again. The writing was on the wall with those patchwork trades toward the end...the execution on Dwight's end when everything finally went down was awful, but I actually believe some of what he says about how the Magic handled it too. Our organization has repeatedly proven to to have inept player communication and relations.

That's not to take all of the blame off of him. He had a good situation here and fought his way out of it to go to...Brooklyn? And hasn't exactly proven to be a model teammate in two other cities.

Would I want to see him back? If Vogel and Henny think he helps the team...and the contract is right, I'm not against it.

A FRIKEN MEN!

Count down to people saying that Otis brought in the guys Dwight wanted begins....and yes he probably did but for god sakes one colossally bad contract and stupid stupid trade after another.

Even when it comes to his Orlando exit...Otis failed that kid. Over and over again. The writing was on the wall with those patchwork trades toward the end

Count down to people saying that Otis brought in the guys Dwight wanted begins....and yes he probably did but for god sakes one colossally bad contract and stupid stupid trade after another.

But he did. How are you absolving him for this? If Dwight wanted to get a player and the only way to get the said player was for x years and x dollars, how is that Otis fault?

One example of a player Howard has said he likes and Smith has acquired is Glen “Big Baby” Davis, whom the Magic have acquired in a sign-and-trade deal that hasn’t been announced yet.

But Howard maintained that Smith could have — and should have — done more.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-12-11/sports/os-dwight-howard-otis-smith-1212-20111211_1_dwight-howard-orlando-magic-general-manager-otis-smith

He wanted Dwight to stay and paid stupid contracts in order to appease him. One of Otis' biggest faults was actually listening to that idiot Dwight. This board's logic baffles me sometimes. Yikes.

It's funny how everyone want to absolve Dwight of his faults when the guy straight up left us because he wanted a bigger market. It wasn't just about winning for Dwight. We Orlando fans were "too little" for him.

Howard: "I loved Orlando. I loved the city, but at that time, I didn't feel winning was a priority. I really wanted to win. People will come back and say, 'Well, you were all over the place making movies.' Like I don't love the game or something. I love basketball. It is my passion. But, I've always thought if you just sit back and stay in one lane your whole life, I'll get old and be done with basketball, and I won't be able to do anything else because I wouldn't have planted any of those seeds in other places.'

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-12-11/sports/os-dwight-howard-otis-smith-1212-20111211_1_dwight-howard-orlando-magic-general-manager-otis-smith

He wanted to go to another city and another place where he felt he could be a bigger star and be diverse outside of basketball. We were too small for him. And yet people forget that.

I'm glad none of you are GM's -- at least Henny has some sense.

If we do end up getting him, I hope we get him with a team option in year 3 and 4 so we can cut that cancer if he decides to destroy the locker room again.

Unless Dwight ends up on a team like SA or GS, I don't think he ever comes close to winning a championship. Nobody ever speaks up in the NBA wanting to recruit him, play with him, or coach him. He's burned so many bridges. Yes, he's human, but he's not the type of player or person I'd want as a cornerstone to my franchise.

I read somewhere that Dirk doesn't want him at Dallas. Could all be usual rumour crap but was interesting.

That's hilarious. And Dallas is where forgotten NBA careers (except Dirk) try to go to.

But he did. How are you absolving him for this? If Dwight wanted to get a player and the only way to get the said player was for x years and x dollars, how is that Otis fault?

He wanted Dwight to stay and paid stupid contracts in order to appease him. One of Otis' biggest faults was actually listening to that idiot Dwight. This board's logic baffles me sometimes. Yikes.

It's funny how everyone want to absolve Dwight of his faults when the guy straight up left us because he wanted a bigger market. It wasn't just about winning for Dwight. We Orlando fans were "too little" for him.

He wanted to go to another city and another place where he felt he could be a bigger star and be diverse outside of basketball. We were too small for him. And yet people forget that.

I'm glad none of you are GM's -- at least Henny has some sense.

If we do end up getting him, I hope we get him with a team option in year 3 and 4 so we can cut that cancer if he decides to destroy the locker room again.

First, yeah we got Davis who he wanted but there were others that he wasn't a big fan of. It was said to me, and even he said this, was not happy about trading CLee. He also was confused by getting VC after the fools gold comment. Dwight also didn't sign off on trading Hedo which was all Otis. THAT was stupid.

Second no one is ignoring his faults. This whole post was about how he's actually admitting his faults in this particular interview but that's not good enough for some of y'all who are still butt hurt over something that really didn't or shouldn't affect your personally life. He made immature mistakes at an immature age and we can go back in time and list many stars who have as well (Lebron and Kobe right off the bat).

Lastly, yeah he did want to go somewhere else. No one denies this. The ship was taking on water from the inside and some of you butt hurts want to only place blame on just Dwight and not on every party involved (remember BVW's role too). Otis should have never overhauled a roster that went to the finals. He should've built upon it. Stan should've

never went public if he truly wanted to stay as an coach for the Magic.

Let me reiterate that I really don't lean on one side or another of bringing him back. I see the pros and cons on both sides.

First, yeah we got Davis who he wanted but there were others that he wasn't a big fan of. It was said to me, and even he said this, was not happy about trading CLee. He also was confused by getting VC after the fools gold comment.

Fair, but we actually got better after that trade. Hedo sucked that year in Toronto, and so did C-Lee in NJ. We swept our way to the eastern conference finals, breaking records in point differentials. We were dominant. We just ran into a healthy boston team that year and couldn't overcome them.

Dwight also didn't sign off on trading Hedo which was all Otis. THAT was stupid.

We never traded Hedo. He was a restricted free agent who decided to accept a bloated offer sheet from Toronto. There was nothing to sign off on. Now if Dwight wanted us to match the $53 million dollar deal, we would have handicapped our cap space even more -- then you guys would have blamed Otis.

Otis then made the dumb move to actually listen to Dwight and bring Hedo back. THAT was dumb.

Second no one is ignoring his faults. This whole post was about how he's actually admitting his faults in this particular interview but that's not good enough for some of y'all who are still butt hurt over something that really didn't or shouldn't affect your personally life. He made immature mistakes at an immature age and we can go back in time and list many stars who have as well (Lebron and Kobe right off the bat).

Who's saying it affected our personal life? I can separate life and basketball. I'm pointing out the the fact that the same fans defending Dwight are the ones he left because they wouldn't good enough for him. Yes, he left us fans hanging -- and that ties into how unprofessional he is and it's bleeding his career right now.

Otis should have never overhauled a roster that went to the finals. He should've built upon it. Stan should've never went public if he truly wanted to stay as an coach for the Magic.

SVG was sick of his crap and frankly I don't blame him. Stan is honest and doesn't accept that kind of bull$%^&. And neither should we.

Losing Courtney Lee and Hedo Turkoglu is hardly an overhaul. We got VC in return. We let Toronto take a bad contract. Rafer wasn't starting when Jameer was coming back. Those moves, at the time, were the correct ones to make.

Let me reiterate that I really don't lean on one side or another of bringing him back. I see the pros and cons on both sides.

I see the pros and cons too. But I am not gonna sit here and pretend that Dwight is what he isn't. They recently asked Barkley if he would put Dwight on his team right now -- he stuttered and then didn't answer the question. The person who asked the question then said "well that says it all".

And Barkley was a guy sitting live while Dwight was "explaining" himself in that TNT interview. That tells it all.

May I remind you all that Dwight also wanted Gilbert Arenas, one of the worst contracts we ever had to take on.

On the business side, Dwight wanted a washed-up Gilbert Arenas and an overpriced Glen Davis. He made those calls. But Otis Smith never had to put them through, and the money wasted on players not worth their time falls on the front office.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120314-Dwight/nba-dwight-howard-future-orlando-magic

Really, the biggest mistake Otis made was listening to this moron. So please, spare me the 'its all Otis fault'. He did exactly what Dwight wanted. Dwight isn't a GM and made the wrong moves. Then he bailed when it didn't work.

Fair, but we actually got better after that trade. Hedo sucked that year in Toronto, and so did C-Lee in NJ. We swept our way to the eastern conference finals, breaking records in point differentials. We were dominant. We just ran into a healthy boston team that year and couldn't overcome them.

We never traded Hedo. He was a restricted free agent who decided to accept a bloated offer sheet from Toronto. There was nothing to sign off on. Now if Dwight wanted us to match the $53 million dollar deal, we would have handicapped our cap space even more -- then you guys would have blamed Otis.

Otis then made the dumb move to actually listen to Dwight and bring Hedo back. THAT was dumb.

Who's saying it affected our personal life? I can separate life and basketball. I'm pointing out the the fact that the same fans defending Dwight are the ones he left because they wouldn't good enough for him. Yes, he left us fans hanging -- and that ties into how unprofessional he is and it's bleeding his career right now.

SVG was sick of his crap and frankly I don't blame him. Stan is honest and doesn't accept that kind of bull$%^&. And neither should we.

Losing Courtney Lee and Hedo Turkoglu is hardly an overhaul. We got VC in return. We let Toronto take a bad contract. Rafer wasn't starting when Jameer was coming back. Those moves, at the time, were the correct ones to make.

I see the pros and cons too. But I am not gonna sit here and pretend that Dwight is what he isn't. They recently asked Barkley if he would put Dwight on his team right now -- he stuttered and then didn't answer the question. The person who asked the question then said "well that says it all".

And Barkley was a guy sitting live while Dwight was "explaining" himself in that TNT interview. That tells it all.

Statistically we were better and CLee did regress but one can make an argument on being a better team by adding without subtracting. Even if we had still chose not to resign Hedo.

Btw, I meant to say trading for Hedo again. Just using a phone to type all this.

Dwight never left me. He wasn't my friend not my family. He was a bball player who made his choice in his career. When I was a kid, I was mad with Shaq. Then I grew up and understood career choices one has.

SVG is a good coach but he wasn't the most uplifting nor a motivator. I think they both got a lil sick of each other.

About CLee, he wasn't the most statistical dominating player, offensively, but people don't realize how important he was. He was sorta the role playing piece you need in a team to balance things out. He was hard nosed and tough. When he left, Dwight reluctantly accepted it but imo thought Davis could've done the same. What's hard about those type of players are taking them out if one puzzle and putting them in another, can make them less efficient because chemistry and other players roles are different.

May I remind you all that Dwight also wanted Gilbert Arenas, one of the worst contracts we ever had to take on.

Really, the biggest mistake Otis made was listening to this moron. So please, spare me the 'its all Otis fault'. He did exactly what Dwight wanted. Dwight isn't a GM and made the wrong moves. Then he bailed when it didn't work.

You really think that move was all Dwight? I guarandamntee you it was originated from Otis. Dwight signed off on it but the nepotism on that move was strong with Otis.

You really think that move was all Dwight? I guarandamntee you it was originated from Otis. Dwight signed off on it but the nepotism on that move was strong with Otis.

Arenas and Otis were like family. It def was not all Dwight.