Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Magic/Pistons

Pretty tough to think Harris could have possibly netted us a long-term asset (other than cap space). It's also clear what a better coach SVG is than Skiles. He consistently had Harris posting up tonight, playing to Harris' strength.

I thought Mario would give more this year, but still to early to call him a bust.

Most his issues this year seem pretty fixable. He needs to improve as a dribbler/driver, adjust to the physicality of the NBA, and just increase his overall feel for the game. I think the game moves faster than he's ready for. But all of those things should be improved with experience and off-season training.

This isn't like when we said "well if Payton just becomes a better shooter/scorer, he'll be good". That's much easier said than done. Mario's issues will be fixed by just playing more and getting better acclimated to the game.

Didn't watch the game after the first half (couldn't take the lack of defense) but nice to see EP have a solid game. Problem is, it's just 1 game. But still good for him.

Everything you said is reasonable. And I did say "potential bust" in my earlier post. Still, we do have somewhat of a history here of overestimating how much our players will improve just with the passage of time. Maybe Hezonja will improve the shortcomings you mention above by playing more and getting better acclimated, as you say. Then again, maybe he won't. That is why I said "potential".

He sure doesn't inspire confidence

As of now we have a 4 game winning improvement... Absolute failure.

We was pretty much out of the playoffs a week or 2 after the all star break.

He needs to go man..

Everything you said is reasonable. And I did say "potential bust" in my earlier post. Still, we do have somewhat of a history here of overestimating how much our players will improve just with the passage of time. Maybe Hezonja will improve the shortcomings you mention above by playing more and getting better acclimated, as you say. Then again, maybe he won't. That is why I said "potential".

Oh I completely agree we over value our talent on this forum. It's bad. But every fan base does that. I'm not gonna jump on you even if you said you think Mario will be a bust. Every draft there's lottery picks that end up being busts, and those same busts were players that their fans thought would be really good. So it happens.

Pretty tough to think Harris could have possibly netted us a long-term asset (other than cap space).

I can't wait to see this boards reaction when we sign a couple tier 2 players with our cap space.

Eh, that's fine but it's way too early to be starting this discussion.

Your namesake had three years similar to Hezonja's to start his career. And ask Denver guys about how Brian Shaw killed Gary Harris' rookie season.

What we have with Hezonja is a guy making rookie mistakes (I.e. Trying to do too much with the ball). That's typical among rookies. We saw the same thing with Gordon last year (sometimes his mind moves faster than his body and he tries to make a move at 100 mph, sometimes he scripted what he was going to do in his head before actually looking at the defense causing a turnover, sometimes he gets the ball and wonders if he should go off plan and do something with the ball out just continue to run the offense).

How many times has Hezonja caught the ball and you see him have a little three second conversation in his head "that guy left me some room on the three point line. Should I shoot it? I can make this shot. But there's 17 seconds left in the shot clock. Have I been playing well so far? If I shoot this will I get pulled? Ok I'm going to shoot/pass it."

That will go away soon.

We've seen him display talent in shooting contested threes. We've seen him have big games. We have simple metrics that show we play better with him on the court.

These are all signs that point to him being solid role player at worst.