Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Debate: Should we welcome Dwight Howard back?

Were losing too

Our franchise is known for competing for championships and deep playoff runs. We might not of won one yet but we damn sure are way better than the Sacremento Kings.

I am down for whatever gets us back in contention..

I am not opposed to inside out style with him to free up outside shooting like the SVG era.. he just can't force shots and whine about calls, etc..

With that said.. if a change is in order at the 5, I would rank the targets as follows:

1. Trade for Cousins

2. Whiteside - cheaper max

3. Horford

4. Howard

Good list but I think Al Jefferson should be somewhere on there. I think he'd be an upgrade over Vucevic.

The fact you guys wouldn't take Cousins is astounding. Bring him from that joke of a team the Kings and I bet you he's a different dude. Obviously a winner. HATES *****ing losing. I'd take him without a second thought.

He hates losing, but he would still be the same temperamental player on a winning team. Against OKC he lost his cool a number of times and managed to hold himself back from punching Steven Adams. Teams know how to get him going and unless he learns to ignore it, then there's always the potential he gets ejections and fouling out.

I'd still take him on this team, he's elite, but he's a loose cannon and that can be worrisome because that can not only affects his performance but his teammates as well.

Good list but I think Al Jefferson should be somewhere on there. I think he'd be an upgrade over Vucevic.

No longer starting in Charlotte. Not sure if that's because he's not healthy, doesn't fit their starting line up any more, or simply that he's regressed. No doubt Al from year one in Charlotte would be a big addition, but the Al from this season would be a bench player.

Thank god you are not the GM... WOW looool. Jefferson over Vooch?

Depends, are you talking about Al Jefferson 3 years ago? Big Al is on a quick decline, his not close to Vucevic at this point.

Our franchise is known for competing for championships and deep playoff runs. We might not of won one yet but we damn sure are way better than the Sacremento Kings.

We played the Kings twice this year. Home game in November. We were 6-6 they were 4-9. Boogie scored 29, 13-15 FT, 12 RB, 6 Assists, 3 Steals, 3 Blks, and the Kings won. We played them again a couple weeks ago. Boogie did not play and we won on the road. We are better than they are when he's not in the lineup. We would be a whole lot better if he was in our lineup. The fact that he is a headcase increases the possibility that we could actually get a player of his caliber on this team. Until Henny pulls a rabbit out of his hat, it's my opinion that do everything possible to work out a trade with the Kings. I'm pretty sure their coach would welcome Vuc with open arms.

We played the Kings twice this year. Home game in November. We were 6-6 they were 4-9. Boogie scored 29, 13-15 FT, 12 RB, 6 Assists, 3 Steals, 3 Blks, and the Kings won. We played them again a couple weeks ago. Boogie did not play and we won on the road. We are better than they are when he's not in the lineup. We would be a whole lot better if he was in our lineup. The fact that he is a headcase increases the possibility that we could actually get a player of his caliber on this team. Until Henny pulls a rabbit out of his hat, it's my opinion that do everything possible to work out a trade with the Kings. I'm pretty sure their coach would welcome Vuc with open arms.

Do you think Boogie and Skiles could get along?

I'm down for Boogie because we need talent but then you'd have to fire Skiles IMO.

Do you think Boogie and Skiles could get along?

I'm down for Boogie because we need talent but then you'd have to fire Skiles IMO.

As this season has progressed, I have been steadily losing faith in Skiles. I can't name one player on this team who is playing better because of him.

DeMarcus Cousins "head case" stuff is WAY exaggerated.

This guy has never got in trouble off the court that I know of. Never hit a woman, never been busted for dope, nothing. He might have a little attitude, but people act like he throws chairs across the court like Latrell Sprewell every game. It's wayyyy overstated. I don't get why he gets judged to be some thug to the media.

I would take Cousins everyday of the week and everyday of the following week. Best center in the NBA, playing for the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA. There was a time in the NBA when you wanted a guy with an attitude on your team.

DeMarcus Cousins "head case" stuff is WAY exaggerated.

This guy has never got in trouble off the court that I know of. Never hit a woman, never been busted for dope, nothing. He might have a little attitude, but people act like he throws chairs across the court like Latrell Sprewell every game. It's wayyyy overstated. I don't get why he gets judged to be some thug to the media.

I would take Cousins everyday of the week and everyday of the following week. Best center in the NBA, playing for the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA. There was a time in the NBA when you wanted a guy with an attitude on your team.

His teammates look like they hate playing with him.

Zach Lowe had a huge discussion about this on his podcast back in February I think where he said exactly what you said. It's not like he's a bad person. But everything he does on the court drags on you. He screams at his teammates when they let another guy score (when it was actually his fault for not rotating), he doesn't run back on defense to complain to the officials multiple times per game, he throws things at coaches, he screams at coaches so much that he gets suspended.

Sometimes attitude is good, it drives the team forward. Sometimes attitude is bad, it destroys team morale.

His teammates look like they hate playing with him.

Zach Lowe had a huge discussion about this on his podcast back in February I think where he said exactly what you said. It's not like he's a bad person. But everything he does on the court drags on you. He screams at his teammates when they let another guy score (when it was actually his fault for not rotating), he doesn't run back on defense to complain to the officials multiple times per game, he throws things at coaches, he screams at coaches so much that he gets suspended.

Sometimes attitude is good, it drives the team forward. Sometimes attitude is bad, it destroys team morale.

I'd still take Cousins. He's been on the most dysfunctional franchise since he came in the league. He could do better with a better franchise. Honestly I'd like a guy that would scream at some of our players. They need to be screamed at sometimes.