Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Debate: Should we welcome Dwight Howard back?

As I see the pieces this Orlando Magic team has and what it truly needs, something in the back of my mind says something I never wanted to admit for the longest time. After looking at D12's stats (his FG%, his rebounding, his size, etc and our currently cap room situation), I've come to the possibility that perhaps welcoming DWIGHT HOWARD back is something to consider. I started this thread as I believe this topic alone DESERVES serious attention.

I checked out his stats. He is still good. He is underutilized over there in Houston, perhaps limiting his minutes due to his injuries. Thoughts?

As I see the pieces this Orlando Magic team has and what it truly needs, something in the back of my mind says something I never wanted to admit for the longest time. After looking at D12's stats (his FG%, his rebounding, his size, etc and our currently cap room situation), I've come to the possibility that perhaps welcoming DWIGHT HOWARD back is something to consider. I started this thread as I believe this topic alone DESERVES serious attention.

I checked out his stats. He is still good. He is underutilized over there in Houston, perhaps limiting his minutes due to his injuries. Thoughts?

only if he comes at an apology discount

Yes, he made mistakes and got our best coach ever fired. Yes, he has some issues and baggage. However, we really could use his defensive presence right now and if has learned from his awful time with the Rockets and Lakers, then it might work out.

Holding grudges is never healthy or beneficial. One never learns a thing about life holding grudges.

If Dwight can accept 1. Other then God and family, winning comes first and he must display a sense of maturity and leadership we need and 2. an lower salary he might in the past thinks he deserves, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

Holding grudges is never healthy or beneficial. One never learns a thing about life holding grudges.

If Dwight can accept 1. Other then God and family, winning comes first and he must display a sense of maturity and leadership we need and 2. an lower salary he might in the past thinks he deserves, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat.

yup. and he seems like he's grown a bit lately. Did you read the story about him and shaq? That's pretty significant to show he's trying to change.

If you would've asked this a year or two ago, I would have strongly said no but given time and a slight sense of sympathy for the man, I would take him back for a affordable price. He is no longer a max player but our team would benefit greatly with his presence in the paint. Not to mention, he would get an astronomical amount of more touches here than in Houston. I'm pretty sure, Harden has been playing a season long game of Keep Away with Dwight.

If he'd sign for less than the max and give us some sort of an opt out clause if things go bad again, then sure, I'd take him back. But, he won't and we won't. At his age and given his injury history, he's going to hit a wall fast. He's relied on elite athleticism his entire career which goes away with age and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Also, with how he's hated the LeBron comparisons throughout his career, and how LeBron "came home" to Cleveland, I can't see Dwight wanting to recreate any more of those comparisons by swallowing his pride and coming back here.

I'm pretty sure, Harden has been playing a season long game of Keep Away with Dwight.

To be fair, James Harden plays a season long game of keep away from all of his teammates.

• Upvote 1

yup. and he seems like he's grown a bit lately. Did you read the story about him and shaq? That's pretty significant to show he's trying to change.

No I haven't. I need to find it and read it.

No I haven't. I need to find it and read it.

it goes into how shaq reached out to him and they started talking. Shaq got him in touch with his agent and was like "this guy can help you as a person". they met and Dwight saw the benefit of having him around.

my boss is lurking around today so I cant find it for you.

it goes into how shaq reached out to him and they started talking. Shaq got him in touch with his agent and was like "this guy can help you as a person". they met and Dwight saw the benefit of having him around.

my boss is lurking around today so I cant find it for you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--dwight-howard-to-hire-shaq-s-agent-224856420.html

:silver_cup: