Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Magic @ Trailblazers

I know our defensive scheme is to come out hard at pick and rolls, but at some point we need to abandon it in this game because they see it coming and make one pass to the roll man then it's an easy pass to an open shooter. They're knocking down to many shots to continue it in this game.

Portland's offense is too advance for the Magic. They're running Golden State's plays. They ran 4 consecutive players at the peak of the three point line. They're running us through screens knowing damn well the Magic are terrible at rotating. Portland is essentially Golden State; light.

My question is, why are we not running plays to get our guys open more often? We have very quick cutters and guys who can explode to the rim; gordon, dipo, mario and fournier is very crafty when getting into the paint.

It seems like all we do and run is pick and roll/pop, reverse the ball after a pick, set up again. There is no off ball, 100% intended movement to get a guy into position to score. Which is what the blazers have been doing well aswell, I saw one where they ran crabbe off a pick, recieved the ball, gave a dribble hand off to lillard, ran him on the perimeter around another screen to the right corner and lillard was able to hit a pass across the elbow to get crabbe a 15 ft shot wide open.

Hezonja has crash landed into the rookie wall #airballs

The sad truth is that Hezonja really hasn't shown much at any point this year.

• Upvote 1

Hezonja has crash landed into the rookie wall #airballs

HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT MARIO!!!!!!!!!!! (sarcasm)

The sad truth is that Hezonja really hasn't shown much at any point this year.

Devin Booker on the other hand..........

• Upvote 1

Down 38 with 90 seconds left. The Magic are really going to have to turn it up to win this one.

Have a little faith in our team. 38 is doable just need to get a couple stops here.

• Upvote 1

If Hennigan doesn't get someone(s) to make us playoff contenders next season he'll probably lose his job in the middle of the season next season (assuming he doesn't get fired this offseason; my gut tells me using that cap space we have will be his last chance).

• Upvote 1

If Hennigan doesn't get someone(s) to make us playoff contenders next season he'll probably lose his job in the middle of the season next season (assuming he doesn't get fired this offseason; my gut tells me using that cap space we have will be his last chance).

Yea, I've been saying this. If he strikes out this summer he's gone. Completely agree with your gut.