Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

Golden State @ Orlando Magic

Anyway, I hope Gordon once again works on his shooting confidence during the off season. He looked absolutely brilliant in this game. The only thing that was missing was his three point shot. He was exciting to watch and gave a glimpse of the future to our fans. I'm also glad he dunked rather than laid the ball up on various plays. In previous games, I would question why he didn't take the ball to the hoop stronger. He has all the physical gifts to become elite.

Victor...eh.

Payton had a great game but couldn't stop curry of course. He still has focus issues. Fournier was dialed in.

Brandon Jennings is going to get benched quick. Cj Watson actually moves the ball better than him. I think Brandon Jennings is trying to win a good contract over this offseason wits isolation tendency. It was a good move by Hennigan because we dont have to play him...or napier. He's expiring...which is great.

Ersan is more of a keeper than him. He does various things well. I don't enjoy watching his shot. Its looks unreliable just like Harris'. I can see how we got equal value in the trade.

I honestly don't get that vibe with Jennings. He took 5 shots tonight. I think he's been to passive if anything.

was victor matches up on Klay Thompson because he only had 9 points. I saw it was mostly aaron Gordon contesting his threes. Usually when Klay thompson is shooting bad, Curry picks up the slack...like he did tonight.

was victor matches up on Klay Thompson because he only had 9 points. I saw it was mostly aaron Gordon contesting his threes. Usually when Klay thompson is shooting bad, Curry picks up the slack...like he did tonight.

No. He was on curry. Fournier did a great job on Thompson.

I honestly don't get that vibe with Jennings. He took 5 shots tonight. I think he's been to passive if anything.

He immediately gets benched when he starts doing that though. He tends to dribble to much and ends up shooting the ball without passing. The past three games, the Magic have always had a stretch where there was 3 to 5 straight possessions with inefficient pull up shots with no initial ball movement. Jennings is one of the culprits. Fournier and Victor, the others.

I don't want him benched but then again, he isn't use to playing on this team yet. Plus the Magic's philosophy of approach to winning isn't all that developed yet. This team still has a long ways to go.

I didn't give Fourier enough credit. I'll watch his defense closer the next couple of games.

That's valid. But if were ever going to make the jump as a team (and win games like tonight), Dipo has to be more efficient.

True, assuming we don't add quality players with the ton of cap space we have. A lot of the gripes on Victor are because he's a quality defender and decent offensive player who's been trying to be "the guy" since he got here. If we get better talent around him, he could be one of the best 3 and D guys in the league.

True, and not to negate anyone's effort, but Curry was so good tonight that they didn't even really try to get Klay going.

True, assuming we don't add quality players with the ton of cap space we have. A lot of the gripes on Victor is because he's a quality defender and decent offensive player who's been trying to be "the guy" since he got here. If we get better talent around him, he could be one of the best 3 and D guys in the league.

Yup. When Oladipo doesn't have to attempt to create his own offense he can sit back and take what the defense gives him. And one out of every five games when he's feeling it he can be more.

Maybe additional experience will get him to take the next step.

I didn't give Fourier enough credit. I'll watch his defense closer the next couple of games.

Yeah. He's not a "go shut this guy down Evan" good defender

But lately he's been a "I'm just going to hang out in the right spot and play solid on the ball defense and rotate well and hedge out on screens" type of good defender.

Reminds me a lot of last few years Redick on defense.

Dipo did fine tonight. We could have played much better in the 2nd half though. In the 4th we have plenty of chances t make it a game, but the offense completely came to a stand still. We will be much better if we can stop having a really long drought every game. Our defense got sloppier and sloppier with each wasted possession during that stretch. They are going to happen, but we have got to make them shorter and less often. And that is when we need to crank up the defense even more to stay close.

But, it was the Warriors. If they keep it close, like they always do, then (Curry) can just flip a switch and pull it out. They basically toyed with us. It was not a respectable game at all. Everyone but Curry was off and our starters were good for 30 minutes. But, we never had any real control and it was over in our guys minds after 3 quarters. Our bench was invisible, nothing of any significance from Ilyasova or Jennings. Respectable games are those where you have a chance to win. If your team gets demoralized and gives up you can't respect that. Yes, you can understand because the things Curry does can suck the life out of you, younger players especially. But, you have super low standards if this is respectable. It was a respectable first half, but that was it.

Hezonja has got to get a rhythm again and make a couple shots. It seems like somehow Skiles has destroyed Hezonja's confidence. Probably by showing no trust in him and handing his minutes to Watson who has done nothing to earn them. Mario is probably working his ass off and coach tosses him to the curb because he isn't a vet. I feel sorry for him that he ended up on Skiles team. Gordon happens to be all defense and little offense so he gets a better shot and is performing well. Skiles needs to trust Mario. He will get it back, but Skiles could really handle him much better.

If there is a silver lining, it's the fact that we really never expected a win. We figured we could put up a fight sure, but knew a win was probably wishful thinking. Also, if we play like the first half on defense and the bench gives us something, like they should, than we can beat most teams on most nights. Hopefully we have enough to beat NY because we could really use a win to forget this one.

Much respect to the Warriors, but it must be nice to have a guy who gives you 30 every night and has the potential to get 45 every now and then. It makes everyone look much better than they actually are. Curry great game, but F U too.

@JohnDenton555 Per the Elias Sports Bureau, @warriors G @StephenCurry30 is the 1st in NBA history with a 50-pt game with one or fewer free throw attempt.