Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Mavs @ Magic - 7 pm tip off!

Not being funny guys I am trying to be positive but we was up by 21 points at one stage and we are down by 1 now. Our defence needs to step the ***** up or we will be out of the playoffs realistically by the end of next week.

Is it scheme? Because it needs to be updated -- the league now shoots tons of 3s. We can't be giving them up.

Over the last several years 3 point shooting is being emphasized more and more. I think Skiles scheme is something that worked when he was playing and to some extent when he was first coaching. It's becoming less effective and needs to be adapted. I really think Skiles is behind the 8 ball scheme wise.

Also, Harris is an ideal player in the current NBA. If he is used right and improves, he could be dominant. Skiles however, doesn't know how to use him in the modern NBA offenses. He really runs a Euro style of offense. That is why Vucevic, Ilyasova, Fournier, and Hezonja look good in our offense. Harris doesn't fit that offense.

Skiles doesn't run a modern NBA offense or defense. It can be great on offense, but tweak the defense.

Fournier is a mess tonight and Hezonja needs more minutes if Evan doesn't get going.

Generally you can get a good open look against a zone with good ball movement, or Dipo can just dribble the ball for 10 seconds too.