Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

San Antonio @ Orlando Magic

Nah, the goal was to compete for a playoff spot and assuming we continue to play like this and not have another January relapse we'll do that. Probably won't make the playoffs but we'll be right there.

If your expectation half a decade into a rebuild is to maybe/kinda compete for the 8th seed by the end of it, your expectations are to low.

He's right to be upset. Team needs to make a trade and I think the FO knows it. The guys are trying their best but this isn't a normal growing-pains level of failure; need to mix it up a bit.

• Upvote 1

If your expectation half a decade into a rebuild is to maybe/kinda compete for the 8th seed by the end of it, your expectations are to low.

He's right to be upset. Team needs to make a trade and I think the FO knows it. The guys are trying their best but this isn't a normal growing-pains level of failure; need to mix it up a bit.

Lol.

Oladipo's horrendous decision making and non-existent bball IQ is going to end me.

Eh, I don't think it's a bball iq thing as much as it was a not executing thing. It's not like he threw a cross court pass or pulled up for three with a bunch of time on the shot clock or failed to foul or something. That's iq.

Just like Evan throwing the poor inbounds or Payton letting mills get three offensive rebounds in the fourth. Not basketball iq things, just poor play.

Speak for yourself. I appreciate the good years he gave us as much as the last few were a joke.

The Dwight years especially the finals run year will be something I shall never ever forget. He left on bad terms but he was absolutely outstanding for us. I loved the dude. Now he is more of a what if kinda guy. I'll always look out to see how he does. I'd accept him back here but he is not the same player which is unfortunate because at his peak he was a top 2 talent and should of been MVP.

Heartbreaker, once again... But, great game! Really, back away from the ledge if you're upset about a 2 point loss to a team that still has single digit losses on the season. There were some dumb mistakes, but the guys played their hearts out tonight and I'm proud of this team

The Dwight years especially the finals run year will be something I shall never ever forget. He left on bad terms but he was absolutely outstanding for us. I loved the dude. Now he is more of a what if kinda guy. I'll always look out to see how he does. I'd accept him back here but he is not the same player which is unfortunate because at his peak he was a top 2 talent and should of been MVP.

He definitely deserved MVP the year Rose got it. But for whatever reason, the MVP is a team award. Which is retarded.

I will definitely always appreciate the good years he gave us. Myself being only 26 years old come next week, he helped deliver some of the best years of experience as a magic fan. I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm worried about "what if" scenarios and I really don't see myself caring at all about what he's doing in Houston, but I will not just pretend that the good stuff didn't happen because he was a dick at the end. At least he wasn't like Shaq, who had one foot out the door as soon as he got here. I do find the hyperbolic vicious malcontent towards former players we seem to have here in Orlando quite amusing, however.

This game got on my feelings.

Easily the best 3 quarters we played after that 19-13 awesome stretch.

Fournier had his GOAT performance, what a breath of fresh air. One of the few guys on our team that is able to drive to the basket and stay composed. Sig update coming...

Vucevic came to play and moved his feet well on defense.

Dedmon did some nice things. If he didn't have butter fingers, he could be a good starting center in this league.

--

Kawhi and Patty Mills are freaking awesome!!

Woke up this morning hoping I'd dreamed how that game ended. These collapses are getting to me. I keep telling myself it's San Antonio, and we only lost by 2; but really, that last missed shot was just the last straw, I guess. The whole fourth quarter mess with this team is driving me nuts, because I see how good it could be. I love Payton, but we need a vet point guard if we want to make a real push for the playoffs. We need someone who can stop the bleeding in the fourth, and that's a PG job.

I see progression from everywhere else, including Skiles' progressive understanding of what he needs to do and who he needs to have on the floor (though I still think he should have pulled Payton for Mario near the end of that game - I get why he didn't, but still...). Payton's progression is a slow crawl at this point. He struggled with Patty Mills again, left him open in the fourth quarter too many times, and let him get too many rebounds. He didn't take control of the offense in the fourth when things started to go bad. Other people made mistakes, too. But Payton's always seem to be the same ones, and it bothers me. I'm really curious how this team will change when C.J. Watson returns healthy, or if we trade for a starting vet PG.

looking at the lineup stats last night, starting lineup played really good on defense but mediocre on offense. still was a net +7 rating (offensive rating - defensive rating).

Nicholson+dedmon was mostly good

Nicholson+vucevic was mostly bad.

best lineup that played more than 3 minutes was Shabazz-oladipo-Mario-Nicholson-dedmon

worst lineup that played more than 3 minutes was Payton-oladipo-Fournier-Nicholson-vucevic

looking at the lineup stats last night, starting lineup played really good on defense but mediocre on offense. still was a net +7 rating (offensive rating - defensive rating).

Nicholson+dedmon was mostly good

Nicholson+vucevic was mostly bad.

best lineup that played more than 3 minutes was Shabazz-oladipo-Mario-Nicholson-dedmon

worst lineup that played more than 3 minutes was Payton-oladipo-Fournier-Nicholson-vucevic

Surprised the starters were mediocre on offense. It seemed to be very good.

Woke up this morning hoping I'd dreamed how that game ended. These collapses are getting to me. I keep telling myself it's San Antonio, and we only lost by 2; but really, that last missed shot was just the last straw, I guess. The whole fourth quarter mess with this team is driving me nuts, because I see how good it could be. I love Payton, but we need a vet point guard if we want to make a real push for the playoffs. We need someone who can stop the bleeding in the fourth, and that's a PG job.

I see progression from everywhere else, including Skiles' progressive understanding of what he needs to do and who he needs to have on the floor (though I still think he should have pulled Payton for Mario near the end of that game - I get why he didn't, but still...). Payton's progression is a slow crawl at this point. He struggled with Patty Mills again, left him open in the fourth quarter too many times, and let him get too many rebounds. He didn't take control of the offense in the fourth when things started to go bad. Other people made mistakes, too. But Payton's always seem to be the same ones, and it bothers me. I'm really curious how this team will change when C.J. Watson returns healthy, or if we trade for a starting vet PG.

meh, If we're going to trade players for late game issues we'd have a completely new team.

I was leaning toward trading payton, not because he was making mistakes, but because he was playing mostly anonymous basketball where his negative play outranked his positive play and he was generally floating around the court with very little aggressiveness.

he's done a good job dealing with that recently, averaging 15 ppg, 8.7apg, 4.7 rpg on 50/44/63 shooting over the last 3. His defense has also become better (not yet good but better).

This type of play is something we can build on.