Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I can agree that its not a max contract if you can agree that he is nowhere near a bargain. Top 20-25 in contract pay, nowhere near that in skill or performance.

It's top 25 today but probably outside the top 75 in two years. That's a bargain.

After looking at Gay's shooting stats this year I've warmed up to him a bit more. He's significantly better than Tobias in the mid-range and creates his own offense more often. His defense has not been good but he plays on the worst defensive team in the league and he had much better metrics in Memphis so we could chalk that up to the system. I worry about our slow pace compared to the Kings however and of course, his touches would drop a lot in Skiles offense.

I think everyone needs to just recall how teams that get rid of Rudy immediately get better. His chucking and general boneheadedness aren't things I want around our young team.

I think everyone needs to just recall how teams that get rid of Rudy immediately get better. His chucking and general boneheadedness aren't things I want around our young team.

Yup

I agree. Not the guy I want on this young team.

He was terrible in Toronto but he's been very good (offensively) in Sacramento

It's top 25 today but probably outside the top 75 in two years. That's a bargain.

I don't think there will be 50 contracts signed in the next two years for more than he's getting. Maybe 20, if the cap explodes...either way he's a sixth man getting paid #2 option money. I fail to see where the bargain is.

I don't think there will be 50 contracts signed in the next two years for more than he's getting. Maybe 20, if the cap explodes...either way he's a sixth man getting paid #2 option money. I fail to see where the bargain is.

what are you talking about if the cap explodes, the cap is exploding.

I'm not sure why you're having a hard time with this. There's incredible inflation with players salary.

The Heat have had introductory talks with Orlando about trading for Tobias Harris per source.

I can't imagine a workable trade between the two; Hassan is the only player i see being useful for us and no smart GM is going to trade a starting center for Harris. Also, unless they send Drajic back (no thanks) there is no way to make the numbers work without cutting at least two people from our roster first

I can't imagine a workable trade between the two; Hassan is the only player i see being useful for us and no smart GM is going to trade a starting center for Harris. Also, unless they send Drajic back (no thanks) there is no way to make the numbers work without cutting at least two people from our roster first

1. Whiteside is leaving Miami this offseason. they don't own his bird rights.

2. we could trade for deng and winslow no problem

3. the numbers work fine. we have 14 players on roster.

what are you talking about if the cap explodes, the cap is exploding.

I'm not sure why you're having a hard time with this. There's incredible inflation with players salary.

Im having a hard time coming up with 20 people that will be signing new deals earning them more than 16m/season in the next two years that aren't already earning that much. Certainly not 50, like you suggested.