Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I see what you're saying but even if he played great the next 2 months, I would still hesitate to commit to him for an extended contract beyond this year. He might play his ass off for the next 2 months, but because of the loss of his athleticism, he will probably start settling and will likely become inefficient once he gets paid.

He would have to play like a freaking all star. And if that happened, I guess it depends on the contract we give him and the length.

Its a contract year. It's hard to predict how he will play in the seasons following. But one thing we do know is that players achilles injuries do not appear to be smart investment for the future.

Interesting article about achilles injuries BTW:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy-basketball-today/25095586/history-not-kind-for-ruptured-achilles

True. Plus the odds of him actually passing what would have to be his best basketball of his career is pretty low

I never said we were a team of scrubs. Quite the contrary. I deluded myself into thinking we had Pippen (Harris) and still have: Vince (Dipo), Gary Payton (Elfrid), Tim Duncan (Nicholson), and Dirk (Vuc).

OMG!! Nicholson- Tim Duncan and Vuc - Dirk!!!! LoL!!

True. Plus the odds of him actually passing what would have to be his best basketball of his career is pretty low

What if we went after Conley in the summer?

What if we went after Conley in the summer?

Eehh.. That means we are giving up in elfrid. I rather go with a good PF and a combo sg/sf instead.

Eehh.. That means we are giving up in elfrid. I rather go with a good PF and a combo sg/sf instead.

It really doesn't though. Payton still has a couple years left on his rookie contract. You sign a guy like Conley or Jennings you have a solid backup/possible future starter in Payton. Than when his deal is up you can either trade Payton or Conley/Jennings. Sort of what the Hawks have with Teage and the German.

I'm still rolling with Payton, but just throwing it out there. Payton has to show more. He no shows far to many games. I like Payton as much as any of our young guys but I still can't tell you if he's a franchise PG.

What lineup would you rather have?

1. Vucevic, Horford, Gordon, Fournier, Payton

2. Vucevic, Gordon, Derozan, Oladipo, Conley

3. Vucevic, Gordon, Barnes, Oladipo, Conley

4. Vucevic, Horford, Gordon, Oladipo, Conley

5. Vucevic, Gordon, Barnes, Oladipo, Conley

6. Vucevic, Gordon, Barnes, Fournier, Payton

What lineup would you rather have?

1. Vucevic, Horford, Gordon, Fournier, Payton

2. Vucevic, Gordon, Derozan, Oladipo, Conley

3. Vucevic, Gordon, Barnes, Oladipo, Conley

4. Vucevic, Horford, Gordon, Oladipo, Conley