Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Henny is a genius. 4 years ago when D bag left this team I thought we'd be stuck in hell of mediocrity. I'm actually excited about this team. Heck we had a bad January. We make the playoffs with this new roster. Calling it.

Please don't. Your Scottie Pippen just got traded for two bench players. Don't call anything.

• Upvote 1

Hate or love it. The mans removed the dead weight off our team. We are now in a much better position than we was 2 days ago.

We can give it a massive push for the Playoffs. Every game is for something more so now than ever. Be great for development of AG and Mario.

Im confident we can get some proper legit players in here this summer to build on what we already have. Just gotta be patient and enjoy the rest of the season.

Gabe did the same thing. He did it at the right time too. Got Tmac and Hill and had Duncan think about it.

We'll see though. I'm not ruling anything out. I'm just saying if he doesn't make a splash this off season, the seat will be lit. Mark my words.

He's done a great job I'm not saying that. I'm talking about in the future. If we got into the off season and the best we do is Horford and Batum, and all our young guys are B and C type players as well, the fan base isn't going to hear "Hey guys, we'll try again in 2017."

It's all a bunch of what ifs. We just gotta be patient. One of our guys has to become a star level player. For all we know AG makes massive strides this summer and becomes something spectacular next season.

All our guys should improve I expect that.

Ep is 20

AG 20

Mario 19

Vic 23

Evan 22

Vooch 24

Internal improvement and the right guys via free agency is the way we are going.

To be honest. None of us can predict nothing. Durant may come be may not.

Gonna be interesting to see. Henny must believe in AG. Taking Tobias away tells me AG is the guy he has hedged his bets on.

I remember when we got Napier most yall liked the move and said hed be a nice shooter

We got him for free. He won a game for us. He's a luxury player. Doesn't play any defense.

If you can hide him and only play him when he's zoned in then he's a nice weapon to have. If you can't hide him (like us) and are forced to play him as your sole backup (like us) he's going to look terrible.

Gabe did the same thing. He did it at the right time too. Got Tmac and Hill and had Duncan think about it.

We'll see though. I'm not ruling anything out. I'm just saying if he doesn't make a splash this off season, the seat will be lit. Mark my words.

Let's hope he does then. I'm actually confident he will. And that's not no bias feelings. I personally think next season was always playoffs or bust. I don't think they expected the east to rapidly become much better. If it wasn't for such a **** January we'd be sitting in 7-8 spot if not higher.

I know everyone is excited about the money we have coming up in the offseason, but I want to talk about the trades we just made for a second.

Dumping Frye and still getting a better replacement with Ersan is huge. One of the main problems I have had watching this team is that Frye is either making shots or he isn't contributing at all. Ersan can rebound, and he is a better defender at the 4 than Frye. Unless Frye was on fire, he could never play down the stretch with Vuc, because other teams abused him on D. Ersan can play with Vuc if Gordon is having a bad night or has a bad matchup. I've said all season, this team needs vets who can close out games, because the young guys have trouble tightening it up in the 4th. Ersan is part of that, as much as I doubt it will be a nightly thing that he is needed late in games. Think about this: sometimes we need Oladipo in the game for his defense, but his shot isn't falling. That creates spacing issues on the offensive side. With Ersan, as long as Gordan isn't going off - and if so, this is irrelevant, anyway - we can keep the spacing without sacrificing so much of the defense. Same with Payton, and even Gordon at the 3.

Jennings is a giant ? of how much are we going to get? I think at very least we get a huge upgrade at backup PG. And, at the end of games, he could be invaluable. He's struggled to shoot this year - his whole career, really. But the important part is that, even after coming back from this injury, his assists and turnovers have been very good. He is a closer, and he thrives in those moments. At this point, he's not any worse a defender than Elf, and he's even this year a much better offensive player, if you put any stock in ORTG. It wouldn't shock me to see him start by the end of the season, if Payton starts struggling again, considering this is a guy who last year was putting up all-star numbers before he got hurt. I'm not expecting that, by any means. But injuries heal, and some guys come back strong. It's too early to say what Jennings we will get, but the very worst is a very good backup PG who can help close out games if things start to go south as they so often do when we have leads in the fourth - one of the biggest needs for this team.

This team still has a shot at the playoffs, and I'm excited about what these new guys bring to this season.

Let's hope he does then. I'm actually confident he will. And that's not no bias feelings. I personally think next season was always playoffs or bust. I don't think they expected the east to rapidly become much better. If it wasn't for such a **** January we'd be sitting in 7-8 spot if not higher.

This season was suppose to be playoffs or bust as well. I honestly think publicizing that was not the best thing to do.

This season was suppose to be playoffs or bust as well. I honestly think publicizing that was not the best thing to do.

It's meaningless fan service.

Like how every offseason every single player is in the best shape of their life. And a third of the teams say their goal is to win a championship.

Because "we're going for positive development and if we make the playoffs that'd be nice but we just want to be better" doesn't get fans excited.

It wasn't necessarily playoffs or bust. More our goal this year is to make the playoffs.

Implying that even if we don't we will certainly focus on trying.

Next year will be the we need to make the playoffs year to show that we are moving in the right direction.

It's meaningless fan service.

Like how every offseason every single player is in the best shape of their life. And a third of the teams say their goal is to win a championship.

Because "we're going for positive development and if we make the playoffs that'd be nice but we just want to be better" doesn't get fans excited.

Yeah I know. For us we can see things more detailed and thought out but for the majority of the fans, its not meaningless.