Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

@Sam_Vecenie Man, if this Channing Frye deal is for Lance Stephenson, the Magic are really clearing out their cap space for this summer.

A few thoughts on the Harris trade:

1. Harris was a terrible fit with this roster. His outside shooting had regressed, and we clearly played better without him. The news that others on the team didn't appreciate his shot selection is very newsworthy.

2. Illyasova is a much better fit and value with this roster. I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him around past this year. He's a legit deep shooting PF who has averaged 10 and 6 on 44/37/77 numbers in his career. And he's still only 28.

3. This is clear addition through subtraction that allows Mario and Aaron more minutes and touches. The bottom line is Henny and Skiles feel we are more likely to actually win games with those two both now and in the future than with Harris. You can through Evan into that mix, too.

4. While trading Harris does give us a lot of flexibility this summer, I don't believe this move is about trying to recruit max FAs. As stated above, it's about clearing space for a more balanced and emerging roster.

In conclusion, could we have gotten a first rounder for Harris or a more sexy vet? Perhaps on the first, but I think it's clear Henny is done accumulating raw talent. It's now time to see a more balanced team led by young guns that rise to the occasion. I'm looking for Mario and Aaron to step up!!!

Go Magic!

Great post! Agreed!

@WojVerticalNBA Clippers could turn back to Orlando and complete Frye deal that would include Stephenson, CJ Wilcox and possibly a future 2nd rounder.

@WojVerticalNBA The Los Angeles Clippers are nearing agreement on a deal to acquire Orlando's Channing Frye, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Probably for lance and a pick

Hmm wonder who

Frye deal that would include Stephenson, CJ Wilcox and possibly a future 2nd rounder.

More cap space for free agency

@WojVerticalNBA Sources: For tonight, Clippers holding back on finalizing Frye deal with Orlando. Clippers plans to give Orlando final word on Wednesday.

I'll be the first to say I think Lance is immature and kind of a $hit head, but the kid is super talented. He really does have a unique skill set. I'm not saying he's amazing, but he can get cooking and do some good things with the ball in his hands. But, again, he's always annoyed the hell outta me. I'm even blocked off his twitter account LOL.

Were making a splash this off-season. Or at the very least going to give it our best effort. People saying Orlando can't get a star don't know what they're talking about. We've got plenty of big name free agents here in years past.