Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Really? Were you under a rock the past 24 hours? Aaron has blown up! First Magic player since Dwight where casual NBA fans are gonna be wearing his jersey. Gordon is 20 years old and hasn't even scratched the surface on what he's going to be going forward. He's untouchable at the trade deadline.

You seem to have a small perspective on what Gordon does in an exhibition vs what he does on the court during a game, and appear to completely overlook everything that I said or at least fail to provide any reason that what I said was incorrect in any way.

Really? Were you under a rock the past 24 hours? Aaron has blown up! First Magic player since Dwight where casual NBA fans are gonna be wearing his jersey. Gordon is 20 years old and hasn't even scratched the surface on what he's going to be going forward. He's untouchable at the trade deadline.

Your putting way to much value into a dunk contest. He is not untouchable, no one on this team is. Saying someone is untouchable is wreck-less. If the right deal came along, you take it. We all love everyone's potential, but that doesn't make a player untouchable.

You seem to have a small perspective on what Gordon does in an exhibition vs what he does on the court during a game, and appear to completely overlook everything that I said or at least fail to provide any reason that what I said was incorrect in any way.

If we're going to jump back into this, Gordon has improved significantly on defense over the last 2-3 months. He's not making the same mistakes as before.

Also, nobody saw Kawhi as a 20 point scorer either and they're following a similar path (college pf with no shot->defensive role player SF in the NBA->something more?)

Your putting way to much value into a dunk contest. He is not untouchable, no one on this team is. Saying someone is untouchable is wreck-less. If the right deal came along, you take it. We all love everyone's potential, but that doesn't make a player untouchable.

I don't think it's crazy to think two years plus restricted free agency with Gordon is more valuable to the magic than one year of Blake Griffin.

You seem to only pay attention to one side of the basketball court and assume a 20 year old isn't able to improve. Gordon is already a better defender than Griffin, has already improved his free throw percentage from 40% in his one year at AZ to 70% here and once Gordon's been given an opportunity to start, he's pulling in a double-double near every game. Once again, at 20 years old! He won't be 21 until September! He's still on his rookie contact for two more entire season! I can't believe the willingness to just make a deal. Trade Tobias, we've seen what he is and we're better without him. If the right deal comes along with anyone else, listen to it, but Aaron Gordon shouldn't be going anywhere. And, hell yes I'm excited about the exhibition in the dunk contest where the team was well-represented for the first time in years on national television. Why aren't you?

Broussard on ESPN: "The Clippers called the Nuggets and offered Blake Griffin & Lance Stephenson for Jokic, Will Barton, Gallanari & Faried"

Who knows whether this is true, but it may help us gauge trade value.

Who knows whether this is true, but it may help us gauge trade value.

That'd be a good deal for the Clippers. Young promising center, Good fourth quarter player in Barton, floor spacer and solid scorer in Gallo, good replacement 4 in faried.

You can finish with Paul-JJ-Barton-Gallo-Jordan.

If Blake didn't have an ETO on his contract after next season, it would be easier to take a trade like that. But that's way too much when he can just leave after 1 year and you aren't going to be competing for a high playoff seed, let alone championship by then.

That'd be a good deal for the Clippers. Young promising center, Good fourth quarter player in Barton, floor spacer and solid scorer in Gallo, good replacement 4 in faried.

You can finish with Paul-JJ-Barton-Gallo-Jordan.

Yeah, that would be a great deal for them. A lot more depth and shooting plus a hustler in Faried who I'm sure Doc would love to have.

Denver gets a legit star talent to attract fa's.

If Blake didn't have an ETO on his contract after next season, it would be easier to take a trade like that. But that's way too much when he can just leave after 1 year and you aren't going to be competing for a high playoff seed, let alone championship by then.

A lot can happen by then though. It would be worth it for Denver. They need a star, that's the only way they're gonna get one.