Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Frye is great on a good team, borderline worthless on a below average team.

It was a good thought by Henny to bring in a Stretch-4 to allow the younglings more room to drive in.

However, Frye pretty much gave up on doing anything else at this point in his career -- which is why you saw Henny try to grab a more complete stretch-4 in Paul Millsap.

It was a good thought by Henny to bring in a Stretch-4 to allow the younglings more room to drive in.

However, Frye pretty much gave up on doing anything else at this point in his career -- which is why you saw Henny try to grab a more complete stretch-4 in Paul Millsap.

It was an effort to get us one good shooter which we had none when the deal was made

Yup, him or Nicholson -- but im not sure Nicholson has much trade value at this time and is likely to be a filler in a bigger deal.

I wish Nicholson got more time..did he start suckin after those big games or did pt go down?

Why? Frye and Harris both have value in the league.

Oh I don't doubt that. It's just that between them it's 24million in salary (roughly a third of total salary cap). That's just a lot harder to move around than a couple 4 million dollar rookie or veteran role player contracts.

Oh I don't doubt that. It's just that between them it's 24million in salary (roughly a third of total salary cap). That's just a lot harder to move around than a couple 4 million dollar rookie or veteran role player contracts.

They might not go together. If it is Frye, he might go in a separate deal. We might see two deals. More than likely Frye wants to go to a playoff team whereas Harris, you can ship him off to any team.

They might not go together. If it is Frye, he might go in a separate deal. We might see two deals. More than likely Frye wants to go to a playoff team whereas Harris, you can ship him off to any team.

I'm not suggesting they would need to. I'm only pointing out that it becomes much harder to move players as their contracts get bigger, unless they are superstars. Tobias Harris has the 26th highest salary this year. I'm not saying he isn't valued in the league or that he's overpaid. I'm simply stating it's harder to trade larger contracts. Frye's contract is much more comparable to others in the league, so that is one of the reasons I think he's more likely to be moved.

I'm not suggesting they would need to. I'm only pointing out that it becomes much harder to move players as their contracts get bigger, unless they are superstars. Tobias Harris has the 26th highest salary this year. I'm not saying he isn't valued in the league or that he's overpaid. I'm simply stating it's harder to trade larger contracts. Frye's contract is much more comparable to others in the league, so that is one of the reasons I think he's more likely to be moved.

I see your point. It's not gonna be an easy task.

The good thing for us isthey both actually have real value in the league -- and it isn't magic fan homerism. So it's actually a plausible scenario that they get moved. Not saying it's gonna happen though. But it isn't like we're trading Duhon, BBD, or even a lewis contract.

I see your point. It's not gonna be an easy task.

The good thing for us isthey both actually gave real value in the league -- and it isn't magic fan homerism. So it's actually a plausible scenario that they get moved. Not saying it's gonna happen though. But it isn't like we're trading Duhon, BBD, or even a lewis contract.

Totally agree. It will be interesting to see if we're able to get equal value back for Harris in a single player or if it'll be something like a solid veteran plus a younger unproven talent (like the Evan Fournier we got from Denver).

Totally agree. It will be interesting to see if we're able to get equal value back for Harris in a single player or if it'll be something like a solid veteran plus a younger unproven talent (like the Evan Fournier we got from Denver).

I'm hoping we get trade Harris and get some solid role players to fill the bench.

I personally don't think moving Harris to the bench can improve our play -- part of being that I don't think he and Skiles can mesh. I don't see him being utilized to his talents.

I'm hoping we get trade Harris and get some solid role players to fill the bench.

I personally don't think moving Harris to the bench can improve our play -- part of being that I don't think he and Skiles can mesh. I don't see him being utilized to his talents.

I'd love to see some added depth at the PF position along with a defensive center that Skiles will trust to put on the court. I'm just hoping Watson can be the backup PG we've really missed this season, otherwise I'd add it to the list.