Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I want to know what his alternative is. We're now seeing we tried to go after superstars but our offers were rejected. Next step is to go after some in FA.

I don't get paid to sit around and think of alternatives. That's Henny's, Martin's and Skile's job.

Wait, what stars did we go after? What stars, the realistic ones, are there in this fa,

I'm curious- what first tier player do you think Hennigan could have traded for but chose not to?

Above my pay scale. I mean any fan can be an arm chair gm. It's why 2k is an hot seller.

It is what it is. Time to move on man. I'm glad you like this move. I don't. I see doing the same thing expecting different results. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and Lebron and Durant decide to take their talents to Disney World.

I responded to the move. My attitude towards it will be different from those who do like it. That's natural. I probably should've just not responded right away.

Nah, you just got to understand when people respond unnaturally positive to things there's a backlash and when they respond overly negative to things there's a backlash.

I am looking at the big picture. Just with different glasses. This years fa is weak

Way to address my two other points which are the chance we play better and the ability to retain Fournier while adding two major FA's. We also have kept our best assets if trading is the route we must take. I understand you don't care for the move but riding and dying with Harris wasn't getting us anywhere and is holding back the two players with the most potential on our roster. You do acknowledge that don't you?

I don't get paid to sit around and think of alternatives. That's Henny's, Martin's and Skile's job.

Wait, what stars did we go after? What stars, the realistic ones, are there in this fa,

We were linked to conversations about Blake, Butler, and Teague. Were there other stars you were under the impression we should have pursued?.

Above my pay scale. I mean any fan can be an arm chair gm. It's why 2k is an hot seller.

It is what it is. Time to move on man. I'm glad you like this move. I don't. I see doing the same thing expecting different results. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and Lebron and Durant decide to take their talents to Disney World.

If getting Durant and Lebron is the only way to justify this move, enjoy life in your 2k world. Oh, and this is hardly doing the same thing and expecting different results. doing the same thing would've been trading Harris for a rookie with "potential."

Biggest cop out answer.

I'm a Dr and patients like you are always so pleasant. There are some that criticuze everything you do and I ask "ok, what do YOU think we should do?"

"Oh but that's above my pay grade, I'm not a Dr"

Yeah, so leave it to the professional who's pay grade it's in. That's not to say I'm perfect at a job (no one is) but at least know what you're talking about and offer alternatives if you're gonna criticize.

I responded to the move. My attitude towards it will be different from those who do like it. That's natural. I probably should've just not responded right away.

I'd argue it's more that you've made almost 100 posts in the last 24 hours, and seemingly all of them were in this thread about how much you don't like the trade.

You're entitled to have any opinion you want. I don't like the trade either. I even said so!

Then I stopped talking, rather than trying to talk over everyone else who liked the trade.

I'd also like to add that there's a difference between liking the trade and understand the reasoning behind the trade and accepting it. The fact that more people aren't all that upset says a lot about the reality of what Tobias Harris is, a really solid offensive forward on a near max contract.

I'd also like to add that there's a difference between liking the trade and understand the reasoning behind the trade and accepting it.

Exactly. When I first heard about it I wasn't ecstatic, but now I get the reasoning behind it. Plus, doesn't seem like there were very many viable alternatives. Henny was ready to trade for a star -- even said barring a blockbuster trade, that we're gonna keep our core. So he would be willing to make a splash if we could.

Before the trade my prediction was that we would use Harris to upgrade our bench, which I think we did.

The thing I'm surprised about the most was the line from Zach Lowe's article that said Harris brings issues in the locker room. Maybe they knew that moving Harris to the bench would just cause more issues with their chemistry since they needed Fournier at the 3 and wanted to keep Gordon in the SL. Kind of interesting that they are also looking to move Frye given he and Tobias are cousins. I wonder how much grumbling there was between the two of them.