Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Pelton gives us a d+.

"It's hard to imagine Detroit could have gotten better value this summer... it's hard to see the Magic legitimately competing for the best players on the market as a lottery team with an ill-defined core. Below that top talent, there's a steep drop-off to a second tier of players likely to get overpaid because there's simply more money to go around than talent. I'd rather have Harris."

Pelton gives us a d+.

"It's hard to imagine Detroit could have gotten better value this summer... it's hard to see the Magic legitimately competing for the best players on the market as a lottery team with an ill-defined core. Below that top talent, there's a steep drop-off to a second tier of players likely to get overpaid because there's simply more money to go around than talent. I'd rather have Harris."

***** Pelton.

Pelton has never liked anything Orlando has done. We could've picked Lebron in the draft and he'd give us a D because it would create a log jam on the roster.

I put zero *****s into his opinion of my favorite team.

Pelton gives us a d+.

Pelton often seems naturally biased against the Magic, but I kind of agree with him. Up until the last sentence, anyway.

From Keith Smith of realgm

"Overall, Orlando may have been able to do better, and many will think this return is too light, but sometimes being the first to act can pay off. It frees up opportunity to make other moves in the next couple of days as well. The Magic have added a layer of flexibility to go out and make further changes this year or this summer. And there is a growing feeling around the league that this is just the start of things for Orlando."

Grade for Magic: B"

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/240825/Grading-The-Deal-Magic-Trade-Tobias-Harris-To-Pistons-For-Brandon-Jennings-Ersan-Ilyasova

Pelton gives us a d+. "It's hard to imagine Detroit could have gotten better value this summer... it's hard to see the Magic legitimately competing for the best players on the market as a lottery team with an ill-defined core. Below that top talent, there's a steep drop-off to a second tier of players likely to get overpaid because there's simply more money to go around than talent. I'd rather have Harris."

oooopppssss.....Missclick.

Pelton often seems naturally biased against the Magic, but I kind of agree with him. Up until the last sentence, anyway.

I mean, you could've brought Tobias off the bench.

I agree with him on the free agency. It's loaded with 2nd tier and 3rd tier players. We couldn't even get Millsap who's a 2nd tier himself.

Only way this move is justified is if an bigger move happens before Thursday.

I think we clear cap space with Frye, and attempt to sign (and likely overpay) for Horford and Conley this summer without losing our core guys (with the exception of possibly losing Fournier, but get to keep Dipo, Gordon Hezonja, and Vuc).

I think we clear cap space with Frye, and attempt to sign (and likely overpay) for Horford and Conley this summer without losing our core guys (with the exception of possibly losing Fournier, but get to keep Dipo, Gordon Hezonja, and Vuc).

Those guys will go to a contender. That's where they're at in their careers.