Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Brad is much better how?

He's better at fitting schemes to players

he's better at managing rotations (particularly when to let a guy play through mistakes or take him out)

he's better at finding ways to maximize his player's performance.

he's better at late game drawing up plays.

He's made a team succeed where Jae Crowder is their best player.

Chad Evans @TheNBABreak

Trade talks involving Tobias Harris heating up.

11:51 AM - 16 Feb 2016

Chad Evans @TheNBABreak

Multiple teams have inquired about Channing Frye including New Orleans, Detroit, and a current Western Conference playoff team

Chad Evans @TheNBABreak

Trade talks involving Tobias Harris heating up.

11:51 AM - 16 Feb 2016

Chad Evans @TheNBABreak

Multiple teams have inquired about Channing Frye including New Orleans, Detroit, and a current Western Conference playoff team

I think it's recently come out that this guy is fake.

I might be wrong though.

I think Oladipo is more capable of contributing to a championship caliber team than Vucevic. You stick Oladipo on Cleveland, OKC, or San Antonio and he's an upgrade. you stick Vucevic on any top level teams (he's better than Kanter, he's better than Bogut/ezili, he's better than whoever you want to consider Cleveland's starting center) and the team is worse off. Its the same reason Cleveland is thinking about trading Love. Cant have a guy sitting out there unable to defend a pick and roll and Centers are much more difficult to hide.

Eh, your probably right. Honestly, AG, and Mario are the only guys I would have a hard time trading. I'm all for a more defensive center but then we need better shooting from our guards.

So where do you put Elfrid?

I have AG, Mario, Dipo, Elfrid and Vuc. Inthat order. I will move Dipo, Elfrid and Vuc only for a superstar type of players.

The rest are expandable.

I want to include Payton but I'm just not sure about him.

He's better at fitting schemes to players

he's better at managing rotations (particularly when to let a guy play through mistakes or take him out)

he's better at finding ways to maximize his player's performance.

he's better at late game drawing up plays.

He's made a team succeed where Jae Crowder is their best player.

Nah. IT is their best player.

We're doing the same thing as boston but Brad Stevens is a much better coach than Skiles.

We've drafted better than them (though that's more of an issue with their picks as I think we would have drafted Smart over Payton if given the opportunity too).

Boston did a lot of flipping aging players for role players. they're not suddenly going to send the Brooklyn pick to Denver for Faried in order to take advantage of a 32-23 team that's not capable of winning a championship.

I'm not sure "Stevens is a much better coach than Skiles". Brad Stevens is in his third year as head coach. He won 25 games the first year, 40 the next. This will be the first winning season for them. Boston is where Orlando would be if we'd had Skiles three seasons ago to develop these guys to begin with. Instead, we had a coach who was totally fine with losing (if people want a reason to hate on Hennigan, that's the only one, hiring Vaughn - though that losing got us Gordon and Mario, so in the long run we may still be better off for it). Stevens inherited a team with a couple of guys who he could use with playoff experience (Rondo and Bradley) plus some solid young guys. They got rid of Rondo, but brought in Thomas, a hilariously underrated player everywhere he's been until now. Stevens developed the young guys, used the vets to control the tempo on the court. But it took more than that first season.

Skiles doesn't have vets who can contribute when it counts, unless you count Vuc and Harris as vets (they've been in the league a while, but both have been taught to lose, not win). He has to rely on a 21-year-old at PG late in games, which predictably produces mixed results. We all know this would be a .500 team already if you just cut the 4th quarter meltdowns in half.

My point is, I think the major difference between Orlando and Boston (in terms of wins/losses) is Thomas and Bradley, not Brad Stevens. Stevens might be a little better, but it's too early in Skiles' tenure to say for sure.

@MikeAScotto

Sources: Detroit Pistons have discussed a deal to acquire Tobias Harris from the Orlando Magic for Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova.

Good or bad move?

Isaiah Thomas is alright

yeah, but ask any boston fan/ national guy that pays attention to them and they say Crowder is much more important than Thomas. Thomas needs a whole lot of shots to get his numbers and is really really bad on defense. taller defensive guards can stop him (which is why he shot extremely poorly against Oladipo both games) and Fournier was able to go off on him (when Bradley was cross matched onto oladipo).

@MikeAScotto

Sources: Detroit Pistons have discussed a deal to acquire Tobias Harris from the Orlando Magic for Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova.

Good or bad move?

amazing move if true.

• Upvote 1

I think it's recently come out that this guy is fake.

I might be wrong though.

Youre right. I remember it too, either a year or 2 ago.