Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Agreed.. Or, if we beat San Antonio Wednesday and get CJ Watson back post all-star

nope. need some sustained wins. we could beat san Antonio and golden state but it doesn't help us if we lose to dallas, indy, new York, and philly twice.

if we beat san Antonio it just gives us a bit more margin for error later on.

I’m not understanding all the hopelessness about making the playoffs, honestly.

The Pistons have 13 upcoming games against teams .500 or over. They play the 7 more games against teams fighting for the playoffs. Orlando has 19 games upcoming against teams .500 or over. But none of the other games are against teams fighting for the playoffs. Their schedule is marginally easier, and they are 3 games ahead of us. So we have to play 4 or so games better than Detroit down the stretch. I think that is possible, if we make a run before we get to that long stretch of road games, and if we can get both head-to-head games.

Charlotte is a .500 team. They have 14 games against teams over .500, and another 4 against decent teams fighting for a playoff spot. They have a marginally easier schedule, and they are 2.5 games ahead of us. So we have to play 3 or so games better than Charlotte. This is doable, especially since we play them twice as well.

The hawks seem to be considering blowing up their team, and I think losing twice in a row to Orlando may accelerate that thinking. In other words, they could collapse.

That leaves at least three teams we have a decent shot of outplaying over the next two months. Wee need to outplay two. Also, remember that we were playing like a top 10 NBA team in December, and if our defense keeps playing hard, and we learn, either through a trade for a vet or just things clicking for the guys we have, to compete in the 4th quarter, we could approach that again considering our decent upcoming schedule of winnable games. We need to exceed expectations, true, but we did in December, we can again.

Yall are looking way too deep into the playoffs at this point. we just need to focus on improving and Finishing games. Trading away guys Like Dipo n Vuch so we can make a 1st round exit is absurd. Keep the core, harris is expendable, as is fournier, Frye is probably going. we arent playoffs or bust...not yet. No reason to trade core pieces for a year or 2 of win now.

• Upvote 1

Yall are looking way too deep into the playoffs at this point. we just need to focus on improving and Finishing game. Trading away guys Like Dipo n Vuch so we can make a 1st round exit is absurd. Keep the core, harris is expendable, frye is probably going. we arent playoffs or bust.

Pretty much this. If Harris and/or Frye gets us a good vet player who can contribute going forward, do it. Otherwise, I think we're okay. Hope for a playoff run, don't fuss if it doesn't happen, so long as we see improvement in the fourth quarter and on defense.

Whose morale? Yours?

Are you arguing the Magic should potentially mortgage their future on a short-term trade to make you feel better?

Yeah mine because I play for the Magic.

For the last 3 years, at this time of the year, we've waived the white flag. I think getting to at least the first round would give the team something other than losing to feel.

My comment mentioned nothing about horrible short term trades just to make one. Read again.

Yall are looking way too deep into the playoffs at this point. we just need to focus on improving and Finishing games. Trading away guys Like Dipo n Vuch so we can make a 1st round exit is absurd. Keep the core, harris is expendable, as is fournier, Frye is probably going. we arent playoffs or bust...not yet. No reason to trade core pieces for a year or 2 of win now.

You wouldn't trade Vuc for Cousins?

I didn't ask if you thought it would happen. Just asking would you?

Of course you would, hypothetically, but half the trades being discussed are lateral moves at best. We aren't talking about landing a star, because it's not even in the realm of being offered at this point.

My comment mentioned nothing about horrible short term trades just to make one. Read again.

No, but the comment I wrote that you responded to DID.

It doesn't make much sense to respond to a comment of "We shouldn't do X" with "Yeah, we should", and then get weirdly defensive when people accuse of being in favor of doing X.

I'm not trying to be dismissive here, but that's literally how sequential words work.