Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Would love to see this trade and believe it would benefit both teams:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zwl7w25

As crappy as Harris has been, I don't think we can afford to ad two more defenders with limited/no offense right now.

This might be an ok trade after we unload Vuc and Fournier for some quality shooters.

Would anyone do a package of Payton and Frye and maybe a pick for Brandon Knight? His advanced numbers aren't terrific by any means, but I think he would fit well on this team's offense, and his defense actually reminds me of Payton's (inconsistent with bad habits, but occasionally really good).

Would anyone do a package of Payton and Frye and maybe a pick for Brandon Knight? His advanced numbers aren't terrific by any means, but I think he would fit well on this team's offense, and his defense actually reminds me of Payton's (inconsistent with bad habits, but occasionally really good).

It's an thought. Maybe we could pry Morris away too for depth and to have another asset.

probably. depends on what else is out there.

What are we looking for in a point guard relevant to what is already on the roster.

offense, shooting, getting to the freethrow line, age.

Knight averages 19.4 ppg, is a career 36% three point shooter, averages 3.6 fta/game for his career, and is 24

Teague averages 14.5 ppg, is a career 35% 3pt shooter, averages 4.4 fta/game over the last 3 years and is 27

probably. depends on what else is out there.

What are we looking for in a point guard relevant to what is already on the roster.

offense, shooting, getting to the freethrow line, age.

Knight averages 19.4 ppg, is a career 36% three point shooter, averages 3.6 fta/game for his career, and is 24

Teague averages 14.5 ppg, is a career 35% 3pt shooter, averages 4.4 fta/game over the last 3 years and is 27

I like Knight is younger but Teague has experience. If I had to pick one out of those two, leaning towards Knight because of his offense, he's near Teague in getting to the line, and his age.

I like Knight is younger but Teague has experience. If I had to pick one out of those two, leaning towards Knight because of his offense, he's near Teague in getting to the line, and his age.

also, holiday is 14.5, 38, 2.3 (though it weirdly jumps between 3 and 1.8 depending on the season) and he's 25.

also, holiday is 14.5, 38, 2.3 (though it weirdly jumps between 3 and 1.8 depending on the season) and he's 25.

But has concerns of being injury prone.

Still take Knight.

Edit: Read through the Sun's board. A lot of people say Knight isn't good at running an offense.

Still take Knight.

Edit: Read through the Sun's board. A lot of people say Knight isn't good at running an offense.

I don't know enough about Phoenix's offense to tell how it differs from our offense. we just beat a good team with Mario, Fournier, harris, and Gordon running a point guard by committee. so I don't know if he'd actually need to run an offense.

Still take Knight.

He isn't a true point guard in the mold they want. But Orlando runs an offense that sometimes runs better with a guy who's somewhere between PG and SG. Most true PG aren't good off the ball. Knight is. Most true PG run a really good pnr, Knight doesn't, really; he's okay. We don't really rely on much pnr compared to other teams. Not in the same way, anyway.

I think Payton would thrive in Phoenix's high-paced offense, and I think Knight would thrive in our offense that is a bit more controlled and balanced. I doubt we could get Knight anyway, and I would rather not trade Payton altogether (though another game like last night and I think he should probably be benched). But if a Payton and Frye package could get Knight, I like it.