Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

If Skiles can't find a way to utilize a player effectively like Cousins, then we maybe we hired the wrong coach.

I don't think 19-20 points is not utilizing him correctly if it's resulting in positive play.

is Sacramento utilizing him correctly?

I don't think 19-20 points is not utilizing him correctly if it's resulting in positive play.

is Sacramento utilizing him correctly?

How are they not? And define positive play because I don't see anything negative about his current play.

How are they not? And define positive play because I don't see anything negative about his current play.

As things stand today:

They have a better version of payton in Rondo

They have a better version of Harris in Rudy Gay

They have a better version of Fournier in Casspi

They have a better version of Hezonja in McLemore

They have a better version of Smith in Koufos

They have a better version of Shabazz in Collison

They have a All NBA first team type guy in Cousins

they are 15-21.

Cousins has his lowest PER, True Shooting percentage, rebounding %, Assist %, steal %, Win shares/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP, offensive rating, and defensive rating since 12-13 in all cases (some were 11-12).

His best year was 13-14 where he averaged 16.8 fga.

He had a lower usage but was much more efficient.

If we get cousins, I'd hope we'd give him closer to 16 attempts than 20, give him a usage rating closer to 29 than 35, and have him shoot closer to 1.5 threes per game than 4.

As things stand today:

they are 15-21.

Cousins has his lowest PER, True Shooting percentage, rebounding %, Assist %, steal %, Win shares/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP, offensive rating, and defensive rating since 12-13 in all cases (some were 11-12).

If we get cousins, I'd hope we'd give him closer to 16 attempts than 20, give him a usage rating closer to 29 than 35, and have him shoot closer to 1.5 threes per game than 4.

All that is important and I don't think making anyone more efficient means less production. One might find other ways to compensate such as more free throws, etc so saying he'd drop in points might not be true.

You know, I agree all this plays a role. The analysis of numbers and advanced data in such, but too far into it, it's nitpicking. We need talent. Legit talent. I rather acquire it and see about being more efficient with same production than to wonder.

Tobias Harris is quite a bit better than Rudy Gay

Eh, I don't know about quite a bit better.

The whole reason Harris is valued at what he is is because of what he might be in his prime. He's not all that great right now.

As things stand today:

they are 15-21.

Rondo is better than payton. Although Rondo is also a headcase. Other than that:

Harris is equal to Rudy Gay but younger and more potential

Dipo is better than cassipi

Fournier is better than Mclemore

Frye better than koufus

CJ equal to Collison.

Our bench way much better than their bench.

We have a much better all around tram than the 2009 squad and if DH took us to the final inagine what a guy like Cousin can do.

The problem is that you will have to give most of our best players in order to get him making a trade with sacramento irrelevant. We will end up with similar or less talented team with what they currently have in sacramento. No way will be able to make the playoff or past the first round. Besides, I dont see Hennigan trading away 2 or more of our core young players for just one player.

I rather take our chances with what we have and go for another option at free agency.

We have a much better all around tram than the 2009 squad and if DH took us to the final inagine what a guy like Cousin can do.

You're criminally underrating that 2009 team... Dwight, Lewis, Turkoglu and Nelson were all better that year than our best player now.. Add a better coach to that and guys like Courtney Lee, Mickael Pietrus, Rafer Alston and Marcin Gortat and there is no way you can compare our team now to that team and pretend to know what you're talking about... We finally have more wins than losses and people wanna run to compare us to one of the best teams in franchise history.. Ridiculous..

Someone didnt have their coffee This morning.

I do think that we have a better team now than in 2009 other than DH.

You put DH on this team and give me the east teams of 2009 and i can tell you that we have a chance to go deep again. Not necessrily the finals but to the conference semifinals.

The problem here is that you like a lot of people here undervalue our players.

Hedo, rashad and courtney were great players for us but it was because DH maked them better. Look what happened when they left our team.

You can make the same assumption with jameer. His game regressed once DH left. Perhaps that is how important DH was for our team.

That is the main reason you have to hate the guy. He not only affected us as fans but his teamtes as well.

This is my opinion and I just explained you why i feel this way. So please dont come here thinking that you know more than anyone else when in reality we know nothing. Nothing personal.

Someone didnt have their coffee This morning.

I do think that we have a better team now than in 2009 other than DH.

You put DH on this team and give me the east teams of 2009 and i can tell you that we have a chance to go deep again. Not necessrily the finals but to the conference semifinals.

The problem here is that you like a lot of people here undervalue our players.

Hedo, rashad and courtney were great players for us but it was because DH maked them better. Look what happened when they left our team.

You can make the same assumption with jameer. His game regressed once DH left. Perhaps that is how important DH was for our team.

That is the main reason you have to hate the guy. He not only affected us as fans but his teamtes as well.

This is my opinion and I just explained you why i feel this way. So please dont come here thinking that you know more than anyone else when in reality we know nothing. Nothing personal.

agree to disagree, then... That 2009 team was way more than Dwight, in my opinion

agree to disagree, then... That 2009 team was way more than Dwight, in my opinion

It was. Shard and Hedo were at the tail end of their short lived primes, Jameer was having a ridiculous season, we had frickin' Marcin Gortat as a backup to the best center in the league at the time. Pietrus and Lee were solid as well.