Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I wonder what the market is for Tobias Harris... The guy has consistently underachieved against good competition throughout his career... Stat-sheet stuffer against bad teams

Weren't the Kings interested in him?(*cough* Cousins)

Right now, I don't know if I'd put Vuch as our core. Depends a lot on other personnel moves. He's been disappointing. Fournier, Tobias, and possibly Vuch are guys who I'd start shopping.

Yeah.

But the problem isn't Fournier, harris, and Vucevic individually, it's the combination of those three guys plus frye/Nicholson. if Fournier, harris, and the PF were better defenders we could hide Vucevic.

Conversely, If Vucevic was a better defender it would help us hide the other guys better.

So when discussing trades you cant just think about what is going on now, but how a different player would impact the other guys and what position is going to be more difficult to replace.

Yeah.

But the problem isn't Fournier, harris, and Vucevic individually, it's the combination of those three guys plus frye/Nicholson. if Fournier, harris, and the PF were better defenders we could hide Vucevic.

Conversely, If Vucevic was a better defender it would help us hide the other guys better.

So when discussing trades you cant just think about what is going on now, but how a different player would impact the other guys and what position is going to be more difficult to replace.

That's what I meant when I said "depends on personnel moves. Imo Tobias and Fournier just adds to the imbalance we have. Trading one or even both, would be ideal but that's just my opinion. Trading Vuch for a big like Cousins would be as well. Trading for an Ibaka like player would allow us to keep Vuch, again, ideal but there aren't many players like him out there.

Please sign or trade for a half way legitimate point guard. Oladipo and Napier have proved that they can not initiate the offense. I have seen enough stationery dribbling in the last few games to last a lifetime.

I wonder what happened to Mario initiating the offense? I don't get Skiles some times.

I wonder what happened to Mario initiating the offense? I don't get Skiles some times.

Well he can't dribble for one thing..

Well he can't dribble for one thing..

That's exaggeration. He isn't an point guard but he can play the point forward. I'm growing tired of him getting inconsistent pt and roles.

Mario should be used as JJ is, run off screens and drive and kicked to on corner 3's. I am sick of wAtching him just stand on the Wing and never getting the ball or an open look.

That and some pick and rolls or baseline cuts. Maybe a few Iso plays too since that seems to get him fired up. He looks extinguished and caged up.

Right now, I don't know if I'd put Vuch as our core. Depends a lot on other personnel moves. He's been disappointing. Fournier, Tobias, and possibly Vuch are guys who I'd start shopping.

Vuc is and has been playing at a high level this past two seasons. He is an alletar caliber center. He is still young and on a very good contract.

I think people here under value him a lot.

I might be alone here but i rather have him than Cousin. Cousin is a head case and is not a true center. He likes to shoot a lot and likes the 3's. He rarely follows coach plays and wants to play one on one a lot.

He will be great next to Vuc but not good as his replacement.

I will trade Harris, fournier, napier and picks for him but no Vuc.

That and some pick and rolls or baseline cuts. Maybe a few Iso plays too since that seems to get him fired up. He looks extinguished and caged up.

To be honest, nobody on the team except for Oladipo, Shabazz, Fournier and, for a stretch, Payton play aggressively on offense. Everyone else picks their spots.

That's good most of the time but I think you need to have a game where Harris shoots a bunch to get him going. Harris hasn't had more than 15 shots in a game since before thanksgiving. Gordon averages 5.5 fga per game.

Its part of the problem with our rotation. Too many players.

I'd sacrifice the next game just to see hezonja, harris, and Gordon all shoot 16 times.

Vuc is and has been playing at a high level this past two seasons. He is an alletar caliber center. He is still young and on a very good contract.

I think people here under value him a lot.

I might be alone here but i rather have him than Cousin. Cousin is a head case and is not a true center. He likes to shoot a lot and likes the 3's. He rarely follows coach plays and wants to play one on one a lot.

He will be great next to Vuc but not good as his replacement.

Even at the USA team there was some issues with him I believe. Not sure if it was defense or learning the plays. I think they played more Faried over him.

I will trade Harris, fournier, napier and picks for him but no Vuc.