CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Whiteside to me is not a deserving max player. I would take Derozan because he knows how to socre, but I would hope it comes with some trade

He may not be "deserving" but plenty of players are getting max contracts that aren't necessarily max players. That's just the way it is now. Whiteside would help us a ton. Love Deroan too.

Whiteside strikes me as one of those guys that's gonna get paid and stop improving.. Too many red flags for me to want him on the salary he's going to demand

Well, since the all-star break and the trades we are 4 - 4, which is kind of the definition of .500 basketball.

How are we looking right now?

So, after the loss to PHX we are in agreement that we should be trying for the 6 seed at this point, right?

Like the 6th best odds in the lotto? Sure

So, after the loss to PHX we are in agreement that we should be trying for the 6 seed at this point, right?

Nope. Because a slightly higher draft pick doesn't mean anything right now

It means a categorically higher chance at winning a top lotto pick, if we don't get one it still provides more trade power...what does the status quo give us that's better?

Whiteside strikes me as one of those guys that's gonna get paid and stop improving.. Too many red flags for me to want him on the salary he's going to demand

Maybe but dude is consistently good. It would be something if he had one great month but he's doing it all year.

Like ****... But, my post still was accurate that 4 - 4 was .500 by definition.. Go troll someone else

Like I said than and I'll say it now, Context matters.

This. We aren't getting fixed through the draft. I could care less about the draft. I 100% hope we trade away our pick and accumulate someone in a package deal. We have enough young guys on this team, if were going to improve now it's going to be through free agency or via trades.