CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Strong rebuttal. By your own logic, Zimmerman is a year younger and therefore has more room to improve than Poeltl. Their stats are similar from Freshman year except Poetlt was more efficient, likely due to the fact that he stays exclusively inside compared to Zimmerman who has the potential to be a stretch big. In addition to that, he is more mobile defensively on the perimeter without giving up any size or rim protection ability on Poeltl. But go ahead and cheer for a center with little upside when there are plenty of those on the FA market with actual NBA experience.

there's a reason Poeltl is projected at 8 and Zimmerman is projected in the 40s

there's a reason Poeltl is projected at 8 and Zimmerman is projected in the 40s

There's a reason you hear everyone (including our GM) talk about the parity of 20-30 guys in this draft.

Both sabonis and poetl averaged more minutes against weaker schedules

Poeltl played in the pac-12 which was objectively a better conference than the big 10 last year.

There's a reason you hear everyone (including our GM) talk about the parity of 20-30 guys in this draft.

Zimmerman cant play defense and he presently has a limited offensive game. don't know how you can project him higher than Poeltl at this point.

And how well did he do against sabonis?

one game dude.

How'd Hammons do against Thomas Bryant? or whoever the ***** Lehigh or Incarnate Word have?

Zimmerman cant play defense and he presently has a limited offensive game. don't know how you can project him higher than Poeltl at this point.

I agree his floor is lower than Poeltl's but I think his upside is higher. Poeltl didn't show any ability to make shots from distance and in today's NBA that is only acceptable if you are an elite defender. He is not. Because he isn't a threat from outside the paint, he wouldn't be as effective in the pick and roll as someone like Vuc who can pop out and hit the midrange jumper. Zimmerman doesn't have the low post game Poeltl does but they both will get pushed around right now by stronger NBA vets. Defensively I don't see a huge difference in rim protection. So yes, I see the younger Zimmerman as having a higher ceiling than Poeltl.

a lot of mock drafts have us taking Skal.

I wonder if that's based on something the plugged in guys are hearing, if 11 is just the range where the risk/reward starts making sense, if its just a placeholder for a team who likes Skal to trade up to, or if its a projection based on what Hennigan has valued in the past.

draft express has us taking sabonis now

skal falls to 15

Beasley up to 12

Baldwin down to 19

ellenson 20

I like Sabonis. Not sexy but quality player.