CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

I wonder if it says anything that we're mostly reviewing second round guys. The only first round prospect we've met with is Skal and that can be explained away by his workout being an afternoon drive away from Orlando.

A possible stash in Europe pick?

Beasley is hard to project because 50% of his season showed he could be a pretty good prospect and 50% of his season showed he's a borderline nba player. So it'll be interesting to see what gms think of him. I've seen anywhere from 12 to 32.

Reminds me a bit of Jeremy lamb

I think Thon goes to Philly or Toronto in that 24-27 range, for sure

I think Thon would definitely have been drafted by Hinkie in that range. Not so sure now with the Colangelos making the decisions.

this should be the beginning and the end of our interest in Richardson:

His 51.6% true shooting percentage is the second lowest rate of any collegiate player projected to be drafted, while his 38.9% 2P% ranks dead last among DX Top-100 prospects. It is historically difficult to find players who make the NBA shooting that low of a percentage from inside the arc, with only three players we can find in our database dating back 30+ years having been picked in the same season after posting a 2P% under 40%: Randy Livingston (#42 pick in 1996, 36.5% in 13 games), Andrew Harrison (#44 in 2015, 38%) and Josh Selby (#49 pick in 2011, 38%).

Seems were are bringing in a lot of guys projected in the 20-40 range for workouts and very few projected in our range. Maybe preparing to get a late 1st for cheap or trade down?

Seems were are bringing in a lot of guys projected in the 20-40 range for workouts and very few projected in our range. Maybe preparing to get a late 1st for cheap or trade down?

I think our scouting dept does a much better job than it has in the past so they have a good idea of who the "known" guys are and don't need any additional data. They bring in players they have questions about.

last year we brought in a bunch of second round guys too.