CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

or Payton/Oladipo/Hezonja/Durant/Gordon?????

LOL seriously, Davis has the best length in our range. Diallo is long too; same measurements as Biyombo except 2" shorter wingspan.

I'd take Luwawu over Valentine. Think a longer Fournier with a little better D and a little worse O. I wish we weren't so stacked at his position. Maybe we take him anyway as insurance or a draft a stash and see how Fournier/Oladipo workout over the next year?

luwawu is totally Pietrus. inefficient but athletic. Good shooter.

I like his 3 and D potential

I dislike his low shooting % on twos. that's not indicative of a good prospect. But he played some good games against the top Adriatic league teams.

luwawu is totally Pietrus. inefficient but athletic. Good shooter.

I like his 3 and D potential

I dislike his low shooting % on twos. that's not indicative of a good prospect. But he played some good games against the top Adriatic league teams.

Pietrus!!! Loved that guy, but Lawawu appears to have better court vision, passing, and handles than him. His role may be the same as Pietrus, as 3 & D until he develops, but I think he can become similar to Fournier off the bench.

Would you take him at 11?

Pietrus!!! Loved that guy, but Lawawu appears to have better court vision, passing, and handles than him. His role may be the same as Pietrus, as 3 & D until he develops, but I think he can become similar to Fournier off the bench.

Would you take him at 11?

nah, luwawu has a ton of turnovers.

I don't expect him to have a similar game to Fournier. Fournier is smooth Luwawu is explosive.

Im fine drafting Luwawu as he at least fits our philosophy

you can never have enough 6'7 guys who can hit threes and have 7'2 (reportedly, wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 7'0) wingspans. He can switch 1-3 and probably defend some small ball fours.

• League sources tell Deveney that, while the 76ers and Lakers are expected to hang onto the top two picks in the draft, six other lottery teams may be looking to deal. The Timberwolves (No. 5), Raptors (No. 9), Bucks (No. 10), Magic (No. 11), Jazz (No. 12), and Suns (No. 13) are all believed to be open to trades involving their picks, per Deveney. Phoenix also holds the No. 4 overall selection, but likely wouldn’t want to move that one

http://www.sportingn...qj1qeggmjxycbyv

you can never have enough 6'7 guys who can hit threes and have 7'2 (reportedly, wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 7'0) wingspans. He can switch 1-3 and probably defend some small ball fours.

you can if you have absolutely zero on the inside...which we have had for 5 years. We just did this exact thing with Mario and it made us dump Tobias for nothing.....enough is enough. At some point you have to some interior presence and not a bunch of 6'7" guys...unless Oladipo and Elfrid turn into Clay and Curry of course. Wait did I use Curry and Klay in the same sentence as Elfrid and Oladipo....sorry.

• Upvote 1

you can if you have absolutely zero on the inside...which we have had for 5 years. We just did this exact thing with Mario and it made us dump Tobias for nothing.....enough is enough. At some point you have to some interior presence and not a bunch of 6'7" guys...unless Oladipo and Elfrid turn into Clay and Curry of course. Wait did I use Curry and Klay in the same sentence as Elfrid and Oladipo....sorry.

Agree. And Oladipo and Payton aren't turning into Curry and Klay. They aren't turning into much of anything. As far as backcourts go, they're not even sniffing the top 10. We need an upgrade at PG or C, preferably both. Also, you can add Maurice Harkless to the list of athletic 6"7 wings that left for nothing.

Worry about big men in free agency. The ones available at 11 are going to take a few years to make an impact

Worry about big men in free agency. The ones available at 11 are going to take a few years to make an impact

I'm more worried about PG then any position regardless. There are players I like at 11 but I'd still rather trade the pick all together for a proven player.

I'm more worried about PG then any position regardless. There are players I like at 11 but I'd still rather trade the pick all together for a proven player.

Yup.

That's the preferred option