CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

First, 7-14 is not "late first". Second, Thon Maker is not going anywhere in the first round

So yeah, I think nope sufficed

I wouldn't be surprised if a team with multiple draft picks takes him late in the first round:

76ers own #24 and #26

Raptors own #27, as well as #9

Celtics own #23, as well as #3 and #16

Suns own #28, as well as #4 and #13

Nuggets own #19, as well as #7 and #15

Any of them could take a flyer on Thon Maker with their final pick of the first round. Equally a contender like the Spurs might like the option of coaching up a big center with potential to be an impact player off the bench. I don't see him being a lottery player, but he could certainly be a late first round selection.

I wouldn't be surprised if a team with multiple draft picks takes him late in the first round:

76ers own #24 and #26

Raptors own #27, as well as #9

Celtics own #23, as well as #3 and #16

Suns own #28, as well as #4 and #13

Nuggets own #19, as well as #7 and #15

Any of them could take a flyer on Thon Maker with their final pick of the first round. Equally a contender like the Spurs might like the option of coaching up a big center with potential to be an impact player off the bench. I don't see him being a lottery player, but he could certainly be a late first round selection.

Good points. If Hinkie was still there, I'm almost positive they would take Thon

I was not the one who said 7-14. But since you've still provided no substantive thoughts we'll wait and see. I certainly expect there to be talk of teams interested in taking Thon in the first.

If Orton went late 1st round so can maker. I can see him out side of the lottery and in the 20-30 range. He is a big project. I don't like him.

Otis and Dave Turdzik arent in the league anymore making terrible picks.

as much as people talk down on otis, he did build our finals team. He also stepped down on his own. He was not fired.

The last 3 times that DX mock draft has changed we've been drafting the same two second round picks. I hope so for Brogdon but I'm not a fan of Wayne Selden.

Baldwin 10, too

I don't understand the Baldwin love.

I mean, I don't know if Baldwin at 10 is more indicative of how they feel about Baldwin or how they feel about the draft in general.

Because I don't doubt that Baldwin will stick in the league for 10 years but I also don't see him becoming an above average starter either. He's a catch and shoot guy that has a difficult time turning the corner against college guys so he's not going to the rim. He's got extremely long arms so he can play defense but falls asleep on D too often. He can hit threes but only made 1.2 per game so it's not like he's a sharpshooter.

That screams CJ Watson to Jarryd Bayless type of a career.

The last 3 times that DX mock draft has changed we've been drafting the same two second round picks. I hope so for Brogdon but I'm not a fan of Wayne Selden.

I don't think DX changes their second rounders unless they plan on moving them to different draft ranges.