CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

1463839792[/url]' post='1036568']

What the heck are we talking about here? Maker looked really good for a 16 year old but never got any better. He's an ultra thin guy with tiny hands. He's not a first rounder. He's a few years away from being dedmon.

From what I've seen of this kid, he's way more offensively gifted than Dedmon. For a guy his size he has really nice handles and ball control. Kid looks like he can shoot pretty good too.

From what I've seen of this kid, he's way more offensively gifted than Dedmon. For a guy his size he has really nice handles and ball control. Kid looks like he can shoot pretty good too.

Yes. This is what we're talking about. Those YouTube videos take a snippet of games against relatively poor competition and mix them into something that makes him look like Durant. Anytime he plays against comparatively sized/skilled guys he looks bad.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/once-a-youtube-sensation-thon-maker-faces-uncertain-future-in-nba-draft/

That's definitely a more accurate assessment of what his game is like. At near 7-1 with a 7-3 wingspan, Maker brings a high motor and and interesting skill set to the table on both ends of the floor both on the interior and perimeter. But beyond the effort level, everything is still theoretical at the next level and he has a long way to go to reach that level.

Maker has the framework of a jump shot that occasionally falls from distance, but the mechanics are slow and robotic, leading to a flat arc that may not translate as well to the next level. He's a good athlete laterally for his size with the ability to handle a variety of actions on the perimeter in pick-and-roll and switch situations, but he's not an explosive athlete vertically. He can perform ball-handling moves most 7-footers can only dream of, but struggles to catch the ball at times and seems to have substandard hands.

He battles and fights inside, but his lack of lower body strength hurts him in terms of how he holds positioning against stronger players. He's still young, intelligent, and relatively inexperienced in terms of his basketball career, but he doesn't seem to instinctually react to what's happening around him and doesn't have the most fluid athleticism. He's still growing into his body, but doesn't quite have the best frame for sustainable weight and strength gain.

Should we draft him at 41? Sure. He's a completely raw bigman with inconsistent skills. Given time to develop he might become something in a few years. But don't hope for an all star. Hope for mehmet okur who blocks shots.

IMO

Best prospect for us at 11: Ellenson

Best prospect later than 11 I might take there anyway: Bembry

Ellenson reminds me too much of Luke harangody. Dude can't move laterally like at all. Don't think he's a good fit.

IMO

Best prospect for us at 11: Ellenson

Best prospect later than 11 I might take there anyway: Bembry

I like Bembry at 41,if he's gone before that so be it. I'm not drafting him at 11.

This draft is such that we should be able to actually get a decent prospect at 41. So many guys who could be bench contributors in the 15-45 range.

I also think Ellenson is a fine prospect and might be a very good player but he doesn't really fit with what we've got at all.

What the heck are we talking about here? Maker looked really good for a 16 year old but never got any better. He's an ultra thin guy with tiny hands. He's not a first rounder. He's a few years away from being dedmon.

We've never seen anything like him as in his body is really weird and his game is also unusual for such a tall guy.

He might be the next Hasheem Thabeet

I'm on the Davis/Diallo bandwagon. Both very raw but tons of potential. Think I favor Diallo a little more because of his motor. Davis, on the other hand, may be able to develop his range to the 3 over time.