CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

I'd rather just keep our 2018 pick. We're going to need that pick for a talent infusion after we develop our core.

We would still have that pick in my scenario wouldn't we? Plus be getting the talent infusion of an extremely skilled, 20-21 year old 7 footer a couple years down the line.

We would still have that pick in my scenario wouldn't we? Plus be getting the talent infusion of an extremely skilled, 20-21 year old 7 footer a couple years down the line.

Can't trade back to back picks

Can't trade back to back picks

I was under the impression that once we draft a player with that pick (as stated) it no longer counts as a pick and we can then trade the pick? Don't know if that's right though just an assumption.

I was under the impression that once we draft a player with that pick (as stated) it no longer counts as a pick and we can then trade the pick? Don't know if that's right though just an assumption.

Ah. Ok.

Payton is gonna be good this season. Guaranteed. People are fickle on here.

What is good to you though? That's fine if you feel this way, but where do you see him drastically improving and all of the sudden being "good". Does he become a top 15 PG in your mind? If so, how?

It's not really being fickle when a player has been bad for 2 years. Fickle is saying you love/like someone, then they have 2-3 bad games, and you say you hate them. Nothing fickle about my feelings toward Payton. I've felt this way for over a year now. If we do stick with Payton for all of next year, i'd be happy if he just became an average PG. Right now he's so far below league average in most categories, for him to jump from bad-to-good it would take a renaissance. I'd be ecstatic if he just became average, average enough to not become a glaring weakness in our starting lineup.

Payton. 11. Another pick for Jrue Holiday is my preferred deal

I'd go for that, but would still rather Murray or Dunn. But a proven player like holiday does possibly make more sense.

What is good to you though? That's fine if you feel this way, but where do you see him drastically improving and all of the sudden being "good". Does he become a top 15 PG in your mind? If so, how?

It's not really being fickle when a player has been bad for 2 years. Fickle is saying you love/like someone, then they have 2-3 bad games, and you say you hate them. Nothing fickle about my feelings toward Payton. I've felt this way for over a year now. If we do stick with Payton for all of next year, i'd be happy if he just became an average PG. Right now he's so far below league average in most categories, for him to jump from bad-to-good it would take a renaissance. I'd be ecstatic if he just became average, average enough to not become a glaring weakness in our starting lineup.

So, the defensive player of the year in college is now a bad d player, hmmm. But none of that change is on the 3 bad coaches he has had. I believe in Payton and think if he had good shooters to pass it to would be a top 5 assist man. He also was a top 3 vote getter in the rookie of the year race. Now he is horrible in your mind, hmmm. And Jrue Holiday is not a top 15 pg right NOW. Yet you want him. Name 15 point guards that are better than payton.

So, the defensive player of the year in college is now a bad d player, hmmm. But none of that change is on the 3 bad coaches he has had. I believe in Payton and think if he had good shooters to pass it to would be a top 5 assist man. He also was a top 3 vote getter in the rookie of the year race. Now he is horrible in your mind, hmmm. And Jrue Holiday is not a top 15 pg right NOW. Yet you want him. Name 15 point guards that are better than payton.

Curry westbrook paul lillard Thomas Lowry kemba wall kyrie Conley Jackson Jrue Dragic Bledsoe Teague that's 15

Probably Rondo, Probably Rose, Probably Schroder, Probably George Hill.

edit: also Brandon Knight if he counts.

edit again: arguably D'angelo Russell.