CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Love is a career 36% three point shooter. Randolph is a career 40% shooter from 16+ feet.

Not the best examples there.

What is the context? Is the argument that Rabb can't shoot? He has a better 2pt%, 3pt% (sss), FT% than Randolph did in college. Is the argument that Rabb's shooting won't translate or he won't improve like Randolph did with his shooting? Is the argument that Rabb won't rebound as well? He's a better rebounder than Randolph was in college.

Even if Love wasn't a 3pt shooter he was still very valuable to his team; he's collected 20% of all available rebounds in his career-that's amazing. He didn't rely on the long ball early in his career to score points-it wasn't until his fifth season that he started shooting the three with frequency greater than 26% of the time. 36% career from 3 is good for a big.

Not unless we are giving up on trying to get two max FA's. The cap space of additional picks would be FA-prohibitive.

yup.

If we trade harris for effectively nothing but cap space it'd be a slap in the face to jeopardize that cap space afterwards. We have a course. Gotta see it through. otherwise we're trying to go in multiple directions at once and that doesn't make sense.

What is the context? Is the argument that Rabb can't shoot? He has a better 2pt%, 3pt% (sss), FT% than Randolph did in college. Is the argument that Rabb's shooting won't translate or he won't improve like Randolph did with his shooting? Is the argument that Rabb won't rebound as well? He's a better rebounder than Randolph was in college.

Even if Love wasn't a 3pt shooter he was still very valuable to his team; he's collected 20% of all available rebounds in his career-that's amazing. He didn't rely on the long ball early in his career to score points-it wasn't until his fifth season that he started shooting the three with frequency greater than 26% of the time. 36% career from 3 is good for a big.

rabb shot 1/2 from three. come on.

Love shot 39% from 16 feet to the three point line as a rookie.

Rabb is a player who plays exclusively in the post and is a sub-par defender. he's a good shot blocker. He's long and good in the post. Much of his game is using his length and athleticism. He's not going to have the ability to do that in the NBA.

so basically Rabb is Gordon if Gordon couldn't do anything outside of the paint.

rabb shot 1/2 from three. come on.

Love shot 39% from 16 feet to the three point line as a rookie.

Rabb is a player who plays exclusively in the post and is a sub-par defender. he's a good shot blocker. He's long and good in the post. Much of his game is using his length and athleticism. He's not going to have the ability to do that in the NBA.

so basically Rabb is Gordon if Gordon couldn't do anything outside of the paint.

Did you see the (sss) caveat next to the 3pt line mention? Don't tell me to come on, he was still a better shooter than Randolph across the board. Posting Love's stats as a rook really gives no credence to what Rabb can or can't do at the next level. Now if you could show that Love played out to the perimeter in college then that would mean something, but my faint recollection had him as post guy then too. You have to account for the extra spacing the guys get coming to the league. Rabb could have an elbow jumper that's money and be the next Haslem, but it wouldn't show in the college game. If you think there's a big difference between one guy making 1 three in college and the other making 16, you are mistaken (Rabb vs Gordon). I have no skin in the game, I am indifferent toward Rabb other than we need frontcourt help, just offering objectivity.

I don't think this is true in all cases

You are correct, it's probably not even true in more than some cases. Most teams would love to have a down and dirty PF.

You are correct, it's probably not even true in more than some cases. Most teams would love to have a down and dirty PF.

Yea it's just a dying breed of player. Everyone camps on the 3 point line from a young age now.

The emergence of the three has certainly placed more value in the stretch 4 role, but that almost opens up more value for the post players to make an impact as well-especially if they have a good offensive repertoire inside as it leads to much more open areas to work with often times an opponent that is better suited for guarding out of the post. There is also more opportunities for rebounds with the increase in threes, which leads to more changes in possession. Ideally you would want someone that can do both, but since they don't exist (except for prime Love) it would make sense to have one of both on your team.

Did you see the (sss) caveat next to the 3pt line mention? Don't tell me to come on, he was still a better shooter than Randolph across the board. Posting Love's stats as a rook really gives no credence to what Rabb can or can't do at the next level. Now if you could show that Love played out to the perimeter in college then that would mean something, but my faint recollection had him as post guy then too. You have to account for the extra spacing the guys get coming to the league. Rabb could have an elbow jumper that's money and be the next Haslem, but it wouldn't show in the college game. If you think there's a big difference between one guy making 1 three in college and the other making 16, you are mistaken (Rabb vs Gordon). I have no skin in the game, I am indifferent toward Rabb other than we need frontcourt help, just offering objectivity.

Love was an all around player in college.

The problem with rabb isn't that he's a post player. It's that he's exclusively a post player. He also doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend on the perimeter. He's a modern day center except he's also got no weight on him.

This isn't me coming up with something or new age thinking that will eventually show its issues. This is something we've already seen doesn't work with Noel and Okafor in Philly. Rabb has a congruent game to Noel. Offensively raw. Shot blocker. Plays exclusively near the rim. Not a good post defender. Noel needs to play center but can't defend centers.

Trade up for Jamal Murray

Maybe if Payton finishes the year strong we could do something like that. Keep these empty MCW's like triple doubles coming EP!! It got the Suns Brandon Knight.

• Upvote 1

Maybe if Payton finishes the year strong we could do something like that. Keep these empty MCW's like triple doubles coming EP!! It got the Suns Brandon Knight.

LMAO!