CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Kevin Pelton projects Brandon Ingram to be the "worst #2 prospect in any draft since 2012" of course Peltons WARP projections in 2014 ranked Marcus Smart as the best prospect in the draft (Also had Jordan Adams, PJ Hairston and McDermott above AG) and from what i understand Pelton doesn't actually watch all that much college ball but sure..

Maybe it's just me but I think he's one of the most over rated basketball writers out there.

Pelton is the prime example of a stat guy who consistently misses the forest for the trees. Hollinger was so much better than him.

Duke is in a game. Not the first time these games are close at halftime and usually the better team pulls away early in the second half. it'll be interesting to see how UNCW fights.

How do we think NY, Sacto, and DEN will do the rest of the way? We are within a couple games of them. Big difference between the 7th and the 10th spot in the lotto. Heck, if NO gets hot, they are only a game back of those three. I think Sacto and DEN will continue to win some games, though Sacto isn't good at all. NY I think is possibly the worst of the four. NO probably would have to have a winning streak to make a difference at this stage.

Purdue got upset, but Hammons: 16/15/6

yeah, I dunno what to think about hammons.

On one hand, that's a pretty solid line. on the other hand he played against a team whose only big man was listed at 6'10 210 lbs. and again, he's almost 24.

yeah, I dunno what to think about hammons.

On one hand, that's a pretty solid line. on the other hand he played against a team whose only big man was listed at 6'10 210 lbs. and again, he's almost 24.

Yea and this is why he might fall to late first or early second. He puts up plenty of good numbers against good teams but he is a 4 year guy.

Yea and this is why he might fall to late first or early second. He puts up plenty of good numbers against good teams but he is a 4 year guy.

Maybe a project for closer to the draft will be looking at the success of senior or redshirt senior big men and their success in the NBA

Maybe a project for closer to the draft will be looking at the success of senior or redshirt senior big men and their success in the NBA

Especially first round draftees. It may not be as bad as we expect, star level will be low, but sticking power might be decent. I think Hammons is going in the first, imo.

Especially first round draftees. It may not be as bad as we expect, star level will be low, but sticking power might be decent. I think Hammons is going in the first, imo.

right. Maybe limit it to spot starter/rotation level big as a "success"

Bernard James comes to mind as he went to FSU after getting out of the military and was a 27 year old rookie second round pick. He's been a pretty solid end of the bench bigman in the nba but that's not really successful.